Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Day

• 30-08-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

I'm starting in NCI this year, I'm so nervous about it:o But the orientation day is this Wednesday, and I can't go, as I have a v. important appointment that day I just can't miss. Is this going to be a problem? I will ring them on Monday, but am kind of worried about missing the "first" day:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Can't you change your appointment to Thursday?

Well, it would help alot if you were at Orientation day, as you would be shown around, given timetable and stuff, but if you can't make it just give them a bell and let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I started in NCI about 5 yrs ago (finished 2 yrs ago) and my sis started last year, very same experience of orientation. Basically you get a timetable (which will change a hundred times in the first week) and some random talk about the college and then to the pub. As far as I remember it started about 9 and think we were in pub before 12:30! I really don't think missing it will be a big deal! :)
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Nope can't change it, have been waiting six months for it! I wish I could, If I show up on the first "proper" day, will they give me the same stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

I'm starting in NCI this year, I'm so nervous about it:o But the orientation day is this Wednesday, and I can't go, as I have a v. important appointment that day I just can't miss. Is this going to be a problem? I will ring them on Monday, but am kind of worried about missing the "first" day:(

Dont worry im a peer mentor this year in nci you will see me... what course ya doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I'm doing the Accounting and HRM, I rang them about it yesterday and I can go on Thursday, I'll be the gawky one with the new braces:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smiffah

hi, im startin nci this year too, im english and going to be moving over, however i only got my place a few days ago therefore leaving me little time to 'prepare' i will miss the first week of college, will that be a problem, and will i miss much 'new' stuff and general info, timetables, societies etc usual first year things??

Advertisement