Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a pump on a water tank-recommendations?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭

So the water pressure in the gaff is pretty poor-house is around 10 years old, 1 shower in the en-suite and 1 in the main bathroom-just the 2 of us at the moment so only 1-2 showers most mornings.

We had an electrician put in the wiring for a pump (v. going for 1 electric shower) and he has a plumber lined up to do the rest. The plumber has recommended the pump available in Argos (ShowerForce, mixer impellor, single shower capability, 1.5 bar), €149.99.

I went down to Earthridge in Maynooth this morning, but they are only open 9-5 on weekdays.

Any advice? Will the Argos pump only be able to power one shower at any time, or one shower at a time? Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Do your neighbors have the same low pressure problem?

I guess if the plumber fits the pump on the cold feed into the immersion-tank the hot water pressure will rise all over the house. Fitting the pump to work on the shower end could be tricky, possibly involving two pumps. I'm a sparks with limited plumbing knowledge and have fitted a lot of walk-in baths for the elderly, those baths use a mixer pump right at the end of the line(just pumping water into the bath). You situation is abit more tricky.

As for alternatives, I suppose it depends on how you use your hot water, if the water is heated by the house heating system or not and whether or not it would be financially viable to install 2 instant showers which you probably would'nt get much change from two grand....

so if you use the immersion only for heating water for the shower, i'd say go for instant showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

For the past 2 years we have been using the gas heating to heat the water.

Instant showers would require quite a bit of work, so we would like to try the pump option-as far as I know our neighbours have the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 COOLOCK?KID

hi the pump u need is called an ST55 you will pick this up in a builders pro......

Advertisement