Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Balls???

Options
  • 30-08-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im going into second year and STILL dont understand why its either clubs&socs or GAA that are formal balls(like debs!)
    (My little brother had his last week and it made me realise I want one with all my class now again!)
    Like take UCD, they have therapies balls, b&L balls, architecture balls, medicine balls...etc like one for every course
    Same in Trinity and even DITS
    Why cant we even have one for each SCHOOL cause I know each course wouldnt be big enough!
    Like say school of science, school of business, school of nursing etc.??
    I mean anything that UCD and TCD can do...we can do better, right?

Its probably a case of money though!

Although UCD's ents su definitely does more than ours... no offence
    i mean they got Vitalic for freshers week and tcd got mark ronson brmc..etc

Like sorry we had 2unlimited and 911..... thats a bit pathetic guys
    the year before it was the vengaboys
    and last year it was rumoured to be aqua

why is dcu stuck in the 90s????

Get some good acts get real balls!!!

Its not that hard if they can do it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

There is the clubs and socs awards which is a formal affair, but I suppose it doesnt really count since it's not really open to everyone in the college (still usually an awesome night)

tbh I'm not sure about Trinity, but I think UCD has somewhere near double the amount of students we have here in DCU, which probably gives them a reason to hold balls for individual faculties to cater for the larger student body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

what the fúcking fúck could be better than the Venga Boys!???

if Aqua played a ball i would actually lose my shít from seeing too much awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'll give ya some balls.

*grabs crotch*

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

You have balls. I like balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's simple, nobody's arsed organising them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

The Science Covenor for the next year PROMISED she'd have a science and nursing ball. Hopefully the first of many. Go Siobhan.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Trinity's ball is run by MCD and tickets are in the region of €70.

Advertisement