Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single ladies beware

Options
  • 30-08-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Was horrified and probably very naive to hear recently how disrespectful and disgusting SOME men can be. That the morning after they have slept with a woman they pretend to be texting someone but really are filming whoever they're with on their mobile to show to their friends down the pub later, and any photos you've sent him privately and then some of their friends using blue tooth now have that film to show others... :mad:

Now I know there is a big difference between men and women and they think this might be hilarious but really if there is any men reading this that do this just think if you ended up marrying one of these women that you've shown to all your friends naked how would you feel, or her is she ever found out!:eek:

So please girls I know maybe there are some girls that wouldn't mind this but if you don't want everyone to see you naked just be careful!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

shazza07 wrote: »
    Its times like this I'm so happy I'm not single and am married to my loving husband.
    Is that intentionally or unintentionally so patronising and condescending?

I'm not single either but I don't see how there's any need to be smug about it. I'm sure those single gals out there are just fine with being single...

As for assholes who do that, they're probably rare. I don't think it's enough reason to stop having casual sexual encounters if that's what you're into. It's usually easy enough to spot **** like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've heard of this one. Haven't seen it for myself but it wouldn't surprise me tbh with some.

PS I have to agree with Dudess. Sounds a tad gloating or summat.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

moral of story, don't send pictures that you wouldn't want your mother to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Thanks for the word of warning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think the question of "Why are you sleeping with that asshole" is a more pertinent one than "Why is that asshole you slept with shoving his mobile phone under the covers?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

There's loads of this about,bad and all as it is I'm with the Doctor on this one,you reap what you sow

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jojobrad

Thats old news. Maybe if you spent some time apart from your "loving husband" you'd know that this type of exploitation of women has been going on since someone decided to put a camera onto a mobile phone. You need to get out more pet.

Its times like these that im glad im single and know whats going on in the world !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Women beware: all unmarried men are perverts :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I heard that some single women have loose morals. For shame, all of you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you play the field, expect an occasional injury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I agree with Dudess.

But there are some creeps out there. When I was working in a nightclub we found a camera at the end of the night after clean up. Nobody claimed it so we had a look at the photos to see if we recognised anyone to give it back to. The camera was full of 'up-skirt' photos. Sick. No wonder the person never collected it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dudess wrote: »

I'm not single either but I don't see how there's any need to be smug about it. I'm sure those single gals out there are just fine with being single...

As for assholes who do that, they're probably rare. I don't think it's enough reason to stop having casual sexual encounters if that's what you're into. It's usually easy enough to spot **** like that.
    +1 million, weddingsonline is -> way..
    Jules etc. delete if I'm not supposed to mention the non competition....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭shazza07

Hi Dudess

Reading back on it, it does sound a bit patronising how I ended post so if I could edit it I would but honestly I wasn't at all was just trying to warn women thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Go up to the top of the page, and on the right of your post there will be an edit button where the quote button is on every other post. Click it, and you shall be granted the power of the eitd.

I mean edit. Obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

shazza07 wrote: »
    Its times like this I'm so happy I'm not single and am married to my loving husband.
    Although i share your sentiments OP ,being married and having a loving husband has nothing to do with it .The married men who have affairs ( and possibly women to ) probably use the mobile to take pics of their latests conquests to (sniff)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

It's a bit sad though isn't it... Luckily my phone camera is unable to be silent i.e. has to make that annoying camera sound.. So I'd never get away with it! :P Otherwise...

Although the OP does come across as smug and patronising, I honestly don't think it was their intention so lay off and stop being so sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's probably the hen-pecked husbands pestering the single guys for the pictures down the pub anyway.

Fletch123 wrote: »
    I agree with Dudess.

But there are some creeps out there. When I was working in a nightclub we found a camera at the end of the night after clean up. Nobody claimed it so we had a look at the photos to see if we recognised anyone to give it back to. The camera was full of 'up-skirt' photos. Sick. No wonder the person never collected it!

So you got a free camera and you're complaining?

Women... :rolleyes:

I have a question that isn't thread-worthy so i thought i'd post it here (as it kinda suits the theme of this thread, i think).. Why is it that your typical girl/woman/female (whatever you prefer) will go out wearing a skirt the size of a tea bag and then complain when a man glances in their direction?

(Not trying to crap on the thread, genuinely curious)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

So you got a free camera and you're complaining?

Well, if it had been a decent camera it would be a different story!

In relation to your question, I think most women who wear short skirts get annoyed by men thinking that their attire is an invitation to feel them up, rather than a glance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

It's usually easy enough to spot **** like that.

Id have to respectfully disagree with that. One of my Husbands friends was as far as i could see a normal respectful fella who we have both known for several years, so i had no reason to think he was a wanker but yes it turned out he was. I introduced him to one of my friends, big mistake there. When they eventually did the dirty business ... he buggered off. Fair enough if shes not your type thats grand, they are both adults and my friend wasnt to bothered.

How and ever, about a year later i found out he was saying the most nasty commets about her. They were so bad i would never repeat them to another human soul. Not only that but i heard it from some one who was not a mutual friend and in another country.

Not supprising this is what he does to alot of wemon, he puts the charm on and behaves like a gentelman only then to turn into a right pig. He treats friends one way and wemon he sleeps with another ... maybe hes no good in bed and is trying to deflect.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

If you play the field, expect an occasional injury.

brill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

shazza07 wrote:

How on earth could this be construed as patronising? The OP is not single, therefore is not out looking for men and would not be in these situations - I think this is what the OP was conveying.

Taking offence to this sounds bitter to be honest.
    Chill. pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You don't think it looks patronising or condescending - cool, that's your opinion. However I and others thought it did (until the OP, after agreeing, said it hadn't been intended as such). I didn't "take offence" - that's your reading of things, I simply asked her whether it was intentional or unintentional to be patronising, hence giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Bitter? On what grounds? And I was quite chilled - no hysterics there at all! :p

You don't think it looks patronising or condescending - cool, that's your opinion. However I and others thought it did (until the OP, after agreeing, said it hadn't been intended as such). I didn't "take offence" - that's your reading of things, I simply asked her whether it was intentional or unintentional to be patronising, hence giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Bitter? On what grounds? And I was quite chilled - no hysterics there at all! :p

Maybe it's the whole nature of message boards - where tone can't be read. it just came across as bitter, that's all. If there had been a smiley face after your statement it would have been less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Maybe it's the whole nature of message boards - where tone can't be read. it just came across as bitter, that's all. If there had been a smiley face after your statement it would have been less so.

*giggle*
    ah come on Stressed_Out... with a username like that, maybe you need to take the chill pill :p I don't think Dudess has 10k+ posts behind her and a Moderator on Boards to be jumping on the bitterness-wagon at first post!!

besides... the post came across as patronising to a lot of people.. even me, who has a loving partner and not on the singles scene at all.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

normally dont post on here, but seen this thread and had to give a response.

shock shock horror horror - SOME girls do this also. SOME girls are perverts too and do the exact same thing!

aviendha wrote: »
    *giggle*
    I don't think Dudess has 10k+ posts behind her and a Moderator on Boards to be jumping on the bitterness-wagon at first post!!

:confused: A lot of moderators on boards.ie are known for being harsh and banning people for small offences - not saying dudess is among them - so it is perfectly reasonable to assume there may have been bitterness.
    But dudess said there wasn't any bitterness so that's cleared up.

Anyway back on topic - single girls look out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Married women can just as easily become featured in the upskirts weekly magazine or be subject to being filmed in James Browns loos. other than that though, it's always a bad idea to have your partner film you or take pictures. You never know if it may turn 'nasty' plus it's far to easy to make copies and upload them etc.

Advertisement