Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 800 Pedal Disassembly

Options
  • 30-08-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Well cycling home from work yesterday my pedals feic up on me. Im looking for some instructions on how to remove the pedals altogther, not just the place where you put you feet. The whole system seems to be loose and I need to tighten the bolt that holds the left and right pedals together, anyone got any ideas or point me in the right direction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ok so if i have you right, you want to remove the cranks.

If so yu'll need something to remove the bolt and a crank extractor, and it will depend on the type of cranks. Your best bet is to stick a pic up here of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Its grand, just copped it, need a crank puller, il get a pro to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Gator wrote: »
    Its grand, just copped it, need a crank puller, il get a pro to do it!

Yeah if the cranks wobble back and forth when you pull on em, then it's probably bottom bracket replacement time.

Advertisement