Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 08 Points

• 30-08-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that you are only getting 30-40 points per game now on FIFA. Used to get maybe 400 points. Any reason why this is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

youre at a higher rank playing against people of similar ranks, so you get less points

when you start off youre at a low rank and therefore get far more points for playing people ranked ahead of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

dont know I have 96000 points and beat someone with 300,000 and still only got 25 points against his 24. Is there a way you can get to your overall rank the same way as pro evo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Helix wrote: »
    youre at a higher rank playing against people of similar ranks, so you get less points

when you start off youre at a low rank and therefore get far more points for playing people ranked ahead of you

No. What you say is true, but thats not the reason why everyone is only getting 20-30 points per game instead of 100-300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    No. What you say is true, but thats not the reason why everyone is only getting 20-30 points per game instead of 100-300.

And will you enlighten us as to why we are no longer getting 400 points? :-)

I have only 17,000 points and no matter who I play I only get 30-40 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the vast majority of players on fifa these days are of a similar level tho, so the average scores gained in matches will have come down quite a bit since the last big influx of new players in january

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski wrote: »
    And will you enlighten us as to why we are no longer getting 400 points? :-)

I don't know the reason... but common sense would suggest that Helix's answer is wrong seeing as its happening every FIFA '08 player, not just you, its not a generic answer like "your playing people the same rank as you" or its the worlds biggest co-incidence :rolleyes: I mean, its everyone having the problem, are we all suddenly evenly ranked?? lol

If i had to guess, I'd say its because Fifa 09 is coming out, and they want to give people an incentive to buy it by reducing points on Fifa 08...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

If i had to guess, I'd say its because Fifa 09 is coming out, and they want to give people an incentive to buy it by reducing points on Fifa 08...

Worst excuse ever.

kensutz wrote: »
    Worst excuse ever.

Constructive. Would you care to offer us the real reason Einstein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Y2J I am with you on this one, even if it is some sort of bug you can be sure it wont be fixed. If they were to fix that and then release an option file for the new season then sales on the new version next month will be hit hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

From http://easportsfootballworld.com/en_GB/news/EconomyChange
    Hi EASports Football fans!

As Football World is currently in a beta state we have been working on tuning the economy system, more specifically the scale of the credits earned within the game. Consequently, you will now see the amount of credits you are earning reduced significantly to better represent real world cost. The prices in the avatar store and the credit reward given by achieving accomplishments will also be affected by this update however the credits you have on hand will not. This change also applies to EA SportsWorld, which shares the same economy as Football World.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation.

Sincerely,
    The Football World team

Advertisement