Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin: 31st August

Options
  • 30-08-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone? I'm open to route suggestions.

Comments

If you're thinking about going on the Enniskerry Road (or what I call the Enniskerry Road!) keep in mind that they're resurfacing part of it at the moment (or they were earlier today). It dips down sharply at the start of the road works and there's a large jump up at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Emty, Tom and myself were thinking of something flat, starting no earlier than 11am- we are pretty wrecked from today (130km with 2,500m of climbing*)

*Garmin metres

blorg wrote: »
    Emty, Tom and myself were thinking of something flat, starting no earlier than 11am- we are pretty wrecked from today (130km with 2,500m of climbing*)

*Garmin metres

Sounds ok to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Yes,11am would be about right for me,am so shattered I can hardly think staight.I know Unionman was talking about a 9.30 start but there is no way I would be able to make that time,sorry!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

we are pretty wrecked from today (154km with 2,500m of climbing*)

*Garmin metres

...for me that is. :P

i could do 11.

it would have to be a flat one though, and no speedy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

No worries emty. I have a few free hours in the morning so an early start will help me make the most of them.

Sounds like ye had an epic one today, how was the new climb?

so popes cross at 11, route decided upon then?

so popes cross at 11, route decided upon then?

righto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Where the bloody hell is the popes cross? Sounds like the phoenix whatsit. I'l be there.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Where the bloody hell is the popes cross? Sounds like the phoenix whatsit. I'l be there.

Into Pheonix Park from Park gate street, and it's about half way down, on the left

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Stupid rain

el tonto wrote: »
    Stupid rain

Are you back in Ireland, is it raining in Spain, or are you looking at a forecast and taunting us?? :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Was going to go with ye, but took one look at the weather.

It's not raining right now you big wuss. Better get used to it if you ever want to get on the bike again!

It's not raining right now

Yes it is. Anyway, too late. I'm making eggs.

Into Pheonix Park from Park gate street, and it's about half way down, on the left

Thanks Tiny. I posted that after a few beverages. As you have probably noticed, I didn't quite make it. Sorry. :o

Hic

el tonto wrote: »
    Hic

Big time. I think it took me 5 minutes to actually type that. I'm quite happy that it came across as being somewhat understandable :)

Thanks Tiny. I posted that after a few beverages. As you have probably noticed, I didn't quite make it. Sorry. :o

The time stamp kind of gave it away :)

@El Tonto -glad to see yer back in the country, and you missed what was actually a cracking day out!

• Advertisement

It was a good one all right and spectacular weather! Map and Elevation:

th_Map.png th_Elevation.png

And some photos to prove what a nice day it was:

th_IMGP6218.jpg th_IMGP6220.jpg th_IMGP6224.jpg th_IMGP6228.jpg th_IMGP6229.jpg th_IMGP6231.jpg th_IMGP6232.jpg th_IMGP6233.jpg th_IMGP6236.jpg th_IMGP6239.jpg th_IMGP6244.jpg th_IMGP6246.jpg th_IMGP6248.jpg th_IMGP6250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It was a good one all right and spectacular weather! Map and Elevation:

great route. Chase any more sheep?

Húrin wrote: »
    great route. Chase any more sheep?
    The sheep were all safely in the fields on this one, although we did get chased by a sheep dog at one point, here's Tom sprinting away from it uphill (think it had been recalled by its owners at this point.) I thought it seemed harmless enough, trained to snap at heels but not to bite I reckoned :D

th_IMGP6240_crop.jpg

great spin today - i'd almost forgotten what it was like to cycle in the sunshine.

my rear tyre didn't get me home in the end. blow out. so i had a crappy 3 or 4 km walk to finish, in cycling shoes, in lycra, past ****. i can still hear them... ****.

niceonetom wrote: »
    ...past ****. i can still hear them... ****.

Uh oh. What bad names did they call you?

Uh oh. What bad names did they call you?

i don't know. all i could hear was the laughing. "jaysis, would ya look at de state of yer man..." etc.

isn't walking just totally feckin shite?

Sorry to hear that Tom, it was looking a bit bad all right. It was the tyre rather than the tube then I presume.

yes, i believe the correct term would be a tyre de-lamination. well beyond repair, even with judicious use of sandpaper and superglue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Sorry about that Tom,that was the last thing you needed.The best way to look at it is,who would you rather be;yourself or one of these other ****.

Advertisement