Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early access ?

• 30-08-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Yo yO

Anyone get there early access Key ? I pre ordered from play.com which said they would email instructions but I havnt got anything.

Just wondering has anyone else got theres yet ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Yo yO

Anyone get there early access Key ? I pre ordered from play.com which said they would email instructions but I havnt got anything.

Just wondering has anyone else got theres yet ?

Play.com are claiming they can give the SE pre-order bonuses, but they aren't listed as a one of the premium partners who can do so. GOA have said they'll investigate and try and confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

EA keys are being sent before OB so that would mean before the 7th. People that emailed EA said they will be starting to send them from the 3rd sept. Direct2Drive are giving the keys straight away when u click the download button but dont know about play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DrMorphine wrote: »
    EA keys are being sent before OB so that would mean before the 7th. People that emailed EA said they will be starting to send them from the 3rd sept. Direct2Drive are giving the keys straight away when u click the download button but dont know about play.
    I ordered it from the EA Store last night. As long as i get the codes before the 7th, i'll be happy. Come on Warhammer.

Kiith wrote: »
    I ordered it from the EA Store last night. As long as i get the codes before the 7th, i'll be happy. Come on Warhammer.

You will. Loads of people are complaining worried they wont get codes. But people dont stop and think that these are codes. EA can make a million if they wanted. Unlimited supply :D

I'm not so worried that its just codes, its more that its EA...ahh i'm optimistic i will get them though. Although if i dont...a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch will be summoned to devour their damn souls!

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm not so worried that its just codes, its more that its EA...ahh i'm optimistic i will get them though. Although if i dont...a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch will be summoned to devour their damn souls!

You could always cancel your ea order and order with d2d and get your codes straight away and save £10 :D

Its cheaper with D2D? Ah balls, i really should pay more attention to what i'm spending my money on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

i got a pre-order box off HMV on grafton street today, your man i was dealing with was really helpful and told me that if i brought my receipt with me when i came to pick up my standard edition (even though they're only stocking collectors edition) i'd get the 17 euro i paid for the pre-order off the final price..

so thats me delighted, on to downloading!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DanOB wrote: »
    i got a pre-order box off HMV on grafton street today, your man i was dealing with was really helpful and told me that if i brought my receipt with me when i came to pick up my standard edition (even though they're only stocking collectors edition) i'd get the 17 euro i paid for the pre-order off the final price..

so thats me delighted, on to downloading!

That's the last one they had, wasn't it?

Spear wrote: »
    That's the last one they had, wasn't it?
    thats what i asked him, i said to him that one of the lads off boards.ie was in havin a look and said you only had one left but he said there should be a load more there.. best off given them a ring i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Should still be one in Game Stop in Dun Laoghaire as well.

DanOB wrote: »
    thats what i asked him, i said to him that one of the lads off boards.ie was in havin a look and said you only had one left but he said there should be a load more there.. best off given them a ring i think

I have mine, but there's still people around here looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Should still be one in Game Stop in Dun Laoghaire as well.

Yeah just tell them the guy in grey suit with a skinhead and the flu who was in three times last week sent you and they'll sort you out :P

Wreck wrote: »
    Yeah just tell them the guy in grey suit with a skinhead and the flu who was in three times last week sent you and they'll sort you out :P
    lol :)

Play.com have been confirmed as a premium pre-order partner and will be providing the pre-order bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Spear wrote: »
    Play.com have been confirmed as a premium pre-order partner and will be providing the pre-order bonuses.

Sweeeeet

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Sweeeeet

GOA have said the listing on their page will also update later today to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

How ya lads

How come the early access dates on the WAR europe website detail it starting this weekend? Is that just for the yanks or what?

How ya lads

How come the early access dates on the WAR europe website detail it starting this weekend? Is that just for the yanks or what?

That's not early access, it's the open beta for both NA and EU. The headstart is the weekend after.

So basically you are telling me that I have an open beta code sitting in my pre order box that I can use THIS WEEKEND?!

• Advertisement

So basically you are telling me that I have an open beta code sitting in my pre order box that I can use THIS WEEKEND?!

You need an open beta code from somewhere doesn't have to be a preorder, check the key giveaway thread for possible sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

yep starting Sunday. need to d/l client.

Spear in before me.

I have one in my pre order collectors edition box! OMG im so stupid, I thought I would have to wait till next weekend! I can sample the gooey delights this weekend! Thanks Spear man much appreciated, I am such a noob.

Oh one more question to anyone. I take it once I enter open Beta codes, or head start for that matter that it ties me into buying the collectors edition? If I was to by the Standard edition what would happen?

You can patch the ob client up to the retail version just by entering the retail version key, I don't think it makes a difference if its CE or SE.

I have one in my pre order collectors edition box! OMG im so stupid, I thought I would have to wait till next weekend! I can sample the gooey delights this weekend! Thanks Spear man much appreciated, I am such a noob.

Oh one more question to anyone. I take it once I enter open Beta codes, or head start for that matter that it ties me into buying the collectors edition? If I was to by the Standard edition what would happen?

The open beta codes don't at least. It's not clear what happens to the CE specific codes like the earlier headstart and extra goodies.

That’s great news guys, Hope my missus does not expect to see much of me on Sunday….

That’s great news guys, Hope my missus does not expect to see much of me on Sunday….

lol, I booked a week off work for the headstart and told the missus to bugger off to her mothers for the week.:p

Advertisement