Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for remixedtitles

• 30-08-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi i am looking for some songs that have been remixed pref.. 80's hits

that have been revamped (ie steve angello has done a version of sweet dreams )

if you can helpplease

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Quality Funky House remix of Bananarama - Venus, one to shake your thang to :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CQAknT-e0

Not strictly 1980's but this is one of the best ever remixes ive heard from a track from years ago..Disco House at it's finest, i played this at our party a few months ago and it got a serious reaction:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5Q2T_a7DU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

80's or 90's , stuff like robin s show me love (laidback luke version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Erasure - A Little Respect (Jaded Alliance 'Electrospect' Remix)"

Not as cheesy as you would imagine it to be, surprisingly!:P
    It's off an album called "Future Retro", which has a bunch of other remixed 80s tunes... Might be worth checking out

Joey Negro remix of Hue & Cry labour of love, not a bad effort at all actually from the king of Disco/Disco House:cool:

http://www.discogs.com/release/384237

• Advertisement

INXS - Precious Heart - Tall Paul Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrj7DxFCfLQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jonny68 wrote: »
    Quality Funky House remix of Bananarama - Venus, one to shake your thang to :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CQAknT-e0
    i cant take anything you say seriously any more after this.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
    Good remix this is ..
    http://www.divshare.com/download/5290208-d65
    That is off a Warren K mix 93/94, might be a Jam & Spoon remix, not sure about that , too many links to go through on Discogs for it.
    There is another good remix as well, have it on file here somewhere.
    Hated that 'U2 - New Years Day' dance remix and few others as well.

seannash wrote: »
    i cant take anything you say seriously any more after this.:D

Tune speaks for itself and when i dropped this into my set a few months back it got a great reaction from the crowd so you'll forgive me for not being too concerned about someone like yourself who likes music like minimal and who slates old skool (and it appears funky/disco house) too.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It is pretty ****ing cheesy though in fairness Jonny!:p

Kind of like this one as well;
    Icehouse - Hey little girl (Infusion remix)

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    It is pretty ****ing cheesy though in fairness Jonny!:p

Kind of like this one as well;
    Icehouse - Hey little girl (Infusion remix)

It is ill be the first to admit that but i like a bit of cheese from time to time rather than so called "intelligent" dance music all tje time (plus it got the crowd going;);))

jonny68 wrote: »
    Tune speaks for itself and when i dropped this into my set a few months back it got a great reaction from the crowd so you'll forgive me for not being too concerned about someone like yourself who likes music like minimal and who slates old skool (and it appears funky/disco house) too.;)
    eh hang on man,i play at a house club every weekend and play house music.which involves me playing every type of house music,funky to minimal and everything in between.
    i never said i dont like funky house music,nor did i say i only like minimal.also if youd have taken the time to look at my myspace page youd see i make all aspects of house music.my most recent is actually a vocal funky elctrohouse remix(shock horror).
    but your taste level is ridiculously low in my opinion.and this just proves it.
    and the sister sledge remix sounds incredibly dated,you cant argue that.
    i know what it takes to get a crowd going but i manage to do it with my taste level intact.
    bananarma remix ha ha ha ha ha ha

eh hang on man,i play at a house club every weekend and play house music.which involves me playing every type of house music,funky to minimal and everything in between.
    i never said i dont like funky house music,nor did i say i only like minimal.also if youd have taken the time to look at my myspace page youd see i make all aspects of house music.my most recent is actually a vocal funky elctrohouse remix(shock horror).
    but your taste level is ridiculously low in my opinion.and this just proves it.
    and the sister sledge remix sounds incredibly dated,you cant argue that.
    i know what it takes to get a crowd going but i manage to do it with my taste level intact.
    bananarma remix ha ha ha ha ha ha

Just because you play at a house club every weeklend doesnt give you to right to lecture me on dance music,i could say ive been on te dance scene since 1990 and my knowledge of all things dance music is immense which in fact it is,plus im the most musically diverse person i know,ill listen to most styles of dance music from Garage to UK Hardcore and everything in between.

How you come to the conclusion my "taste level is ridiculously low" shows your ignorance, you may only play new stuff all the time but i play a mixture of old and new,and this particular tune got a brilliant reaction when i dropped it therefore you'll again excuse me for not really bothering what you might have to say on the subject, if the crowd like it then what is the problem.

how did i draw that conclusion,eh the bananarama remix you posted pretty much led me to that.
    and again you talk about me drawing conclusions,i dont just play new stuff!!!!.i play old and new but im not transfixed on the past.i recognise that all those oldschool tunes are dated and dont sound good put up against new tracks,with a few exceptions.
    and point out the lecture i gave you.i merely made some observations and drew my conclusions from them.
    as for me mentioning that i dj,it was just to show you that your point about dropping it in a set doesnt give the track anymore credibility.its ****ing rubbish man.
    anyone can drop cheese and get a response from pissed up punters.
    in fact it takes more skill to play newer material than to rely on old standards and cheesy tracks and get a crowd going.
    but at the end of the day i really couldnt care less what you play.if it make you happy cool,but admit it johnny,deep down,deep deep deep down you feel slightly embarrassed playing these tracks:D:D

how did i draw that conclusion,eh the bananarama remix you posted pretty much led me to that.
    and again you talk about me drawing conclusions,i dont just play new stuff!!!!.i play old and new but im not transfixed on the past.i recognise that all those oldschool tunes are dated and dont sound good put up against new tracks,with a few exceptions.
    and point out the lecture i gave you.i merely made some observations and drew my conclusions from them.
    as for me mentioning that i dj,it was just to show you that your point about dropping it in a set doesnt give the track anymore credibility.its ****ing rubbish man.
    anyone can drop cheese and get a response from pissed up punters.
    in fact it takes more skill to play newer material than to rely on old standards and cheesy tracks and get a crowd going.
    but at the end of the day i really couldnt care less what you play.if it make you happy cool,but admit it johnny,deep down,deep deep deep down you feel slightly embarrassed playing these tracks:D:D

Transfixed in the past, now you really are talking utter garbage, if i was transfixed in the past i wouldn't care less about dance music today,and this comment is one of the most bizzare and downright stupid ive ever read on here seriously
    now you seriously are talking absolute tripe here, what a truly bizare comment!!!!!!

And how you've come to the conclusion people at our party were "pissed up punters" is again absolute rubbish and your just coming out with cr*p for the sake of it, how do you know what the people are like at our partys, you don't, your just randomly guessing.

That Lost in music remix is an absolute classic, and you sir are the first ive ever come across who has said otherwise, i actually didn't know this remix was done in 1993 when i played it, it was only when i checked on Discogs the next day i was astounted to see it was from 93.

Your knowledge of old skool is obviously very minimal (no pun intented) if you think most old skool sounds dated, i can list you 20 odd tunes off the top of my head that sound as fresh today as they did back then and are still played out regulary.

You'll have to try better than that mate to get one over on me.

I still cant believe you've actually come out and said something as mad as the above, unreal:o

one over on you,i think youve taken care of that yourself kid.
    your description of banarama track was "quality funky house remix"
    and yea it does take more skill(not talking beatmatch,more track selection) to play new unheard material to people rather than known tunes.and to claim your not transfixed on the past,well mate just look at all the harping about you do on here about oldschool so yeah id say youve got an unhealthy obsession with it alright.
    and this talk of knowlege of oldschool,what so you know the tracks that people were playing way back when.brilliant for you man,i really couldnt give a toss but any oldschool tracks youve posted in any other topic have sounded horribly dated,and im not alone in my views on this.
    if you wouldnt make such horrendous music choices and put the up here noone would know about your musical taste but you feel compelled to ram it down peoples throats.
    if your going to throw out a sister sledge remix at least point him to a grant nelson one(i just relistened to that sure is pure remix again,how can you even argue it doesnt sound dated)

i dont even care about getting "one up on you" as you put it but i personally have yet to see any oldschool track pre 90,s that sounds fresh.now not talking nostalgic old fogies like yourself,i mean play it to someone with a bit of youth on there side and ask them to compare it to modern dance music,itll be as fresh as a 6month old sliced pan.

one over on you,i think youve taken care of that yourself kid.
    your description of banarama track was "quality funky house remix"
    and yea it does take more skill(not talking beatmatch,more track selection) to play new unheard material to people rather than known tunes.and to claim your not transfixed on the past,well mate just look at all the harping about you do on here about oldschool so yeah id say youve got an unhealthy obsession with it alright.
    and this talk of knowlege of oldschool,what so you know the tracks that people were playing way back when.brilliant for you man,i really couldnt give a toss but any oldschool tracks youve posted in any other topic have sounded horribly dated,and im not alone in my views on this.
    if you wouldnt make such horrendous music choices and put the up here noone would know about your musical taste but you feel compelled to ram it down peoples throats.
    if your going to throw out a sister sledge remix at least point him to a grant nelson one(i just relistened to that sure is pure remix again,how can you even argue it doesnt sound dated)

i dont even care about getting "one up on you" as you put it but i personally have yet to see any oldschool track pre 90,s that sounds fresh.now not talking nostalgic old fogies like yourself,i mean play it to someone with a bit of youth on there side and ask them to compare it to modern dance music,itll be as fresh as a 6month old sliced pan.[/QUOTE]

Ok then,ill give you example, when i was at Moondance there in London on NYE gone id estimate a good about 70% of the crowd would've been late teens/early 20's, there was anumber of different arenas from across the spectrum of dance music, one room was playing really obscure Acid House from 1987/88, not general stuff but underground, and i looked around and seen these young lads/girls going for it big style, (and that old cheshnut about how they got into it because their older brother/sister were before them doesn't always wash) therefore this music would've been totally new and fresh to these younger folk yet they loved it,if i can find a video somewhere ill show you, it was the same @ Back To The Old Pool in Liverpool in July,although that was more of an older crowd compared to Moondance,therefore you comments have bene shown up for what they are,downright stupid and without any substance or foundation,your assuming that because someone would play old skool that absolutely everyone would automatically know every track, i myself played an underground 91-93 Hardcore set at our last party which surprisingly enough went down reasonably well considering most people here are only into 4 to the floor reptitivbeats and not breakbeats,some people even came up and asked the name of certain tunes!!!

Regarding the lost in music - sure is pure remix, as ive already explained to you i thought this was new or fairly new as amazingly enough id never heard this back in the day,so i was more than a bit surprised to see it was 1993, as i said to you i can list you many many tunes from yesteryear that sound fresh today and are still played out regulary by dj's on the scene today.

This year has been remix overload,the biggest being Chime by the Shapeshifters, even the original sounds fresh today.

and to claim your not transfixed on the past,well mate just look at all the harping about you do on here about oldschool so yeah id say youve got an unhealthy obsession with it alright.

Nah mate try again, i love old skool there's no denying that,you'll never get a scene again like it (maybe that's another reason as to why certain clubbers now (very few mind) have started slating it,knowing a scene like that will never be repeated again), but for you to say ive got an "unhealthy obsession with it" is just cr*p,i suppose everyone who posts on the Asylum thread does too as well :rolleyes:

wow an eye witness account from you,im sorry to even doubt you man.that clears everything up.
    remixes sound fresh,not the originals.

wow an eye witness account from you,im sorry to even doubt you man.that clears everything up.
    remixes sound fresh,not the originals.

and that comment says it all really.......:rolleyes:

good luck.

Advertisement