Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored kitten?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

My cat is about 5 months now. We got her at about 8weeks and she'd been through a bad time so it took her awhile to come to trust us.She loves us now though, can still be a bit wary of other people though but has definitely come on in leaps and bounds.She's been indoors all this time and I'd kind of decided to keep it that way.We live in a built up area and Id be worried she'd be knocked down.But now Im feeling guilty because she's always up at the window and trying to follow us out the door.I hate to think that she's bored out of her mind!I thought about getting another kitten for company but someone said to me that it might unsettle her given how nervous she was to start with and that I should have done it earlier.Is this true?If so,any suggestions how to make sure she's entretained?She's not short of toys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

A buddy would be best for her. SHe is still very young and having a playmate will help her so much. By keeping her indoors you are doing right by her, however they do need stimulation and no matter how many toys she has it'll never be the same as a buddy. I would certainly consider it. If you contact someone like Kitten adoption they will talk to you about getting the right sort of kitten or cat that will slot in well with yours.
    http://www.kittenadoption.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I would definitely suggest looking at getting a friend for your kittie - there are lots of excellent articles on the net on how to introduce kitties correctly to each other with minimum stress ;)

Advertisement