Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walter 'Killer' Kowalski Passes

• 30-08-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

The following was posted on KillerKowalski.com this morning:

All of us at Chaotic Wrestling, Chaotic Entertainment Group, and Killer Kowalski's School of Professional Wrestling mourn the
    passing of Walter "Killer" Kowalski on August 30th. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.
    Information regarding services and donations will be forthcoming.

"Shoot for the moon - if you miss, you may hit a star." - Walter "Killer" Kowalski

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A sad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sad, although it was inevitable that it would come around sooner rather than later. I know the doctors were amazed that he managed to hang on for so long after having a heart attack

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

RIP. I wonder will it be mentioned on WWE TV given that his prize pupil was Mr. Helmsley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Buddy Rogers versus Killer Kowalski:

Given that he's in the WWE Hall of Fame, I'm sure he'll be mentioned. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

RIP Killer. A legend!
    He'll have to be mentioned on Raw Monday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Very sad news

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He'll be missed. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Here's the attitude video Kowalski did along with many others (Monsoon, Patterson, Ladd etc..):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's sad to hear. RIP. JR wrote a nice post on him...
    I received an email this morning from long time wrestling fan Diane Devine who was informed that Killer Kowalski passed away early Saturday morning around 2:15 a.m. Killer has been in a coma for quite some time after suffering a heart attack and other ailments that severely affected his brain function. Until mid week, amazingly Walter's vital signs were strong even though the doctor's had discovered the severe brain damage.

Kowalski will always be considered one of the businesses greatest antagonists and he was a perennial main eventer around the world for decades. Walter also was an accomplished photographer, writer, and taught many individuals who went on to become some of wrestling's more prominent names including his best student, HHH.

Walter was a staunch disciplinarian when he was actively teaching his students but had a heart of gold and a unique sense of humor. For example, when Walter married at approximately 79 years of age he kidded some of his closest acquaintances that "he had to marry the lady because she was with child."

Kowalski was a vegan who at one time had one of the most freakish physiques of any one in the business and was always considered too nice a guy by many promoters to be a wrestling "bad guy" but nonetheless Killer Kowalski will always be remembered for being one of the wrestling business all time greats.

God Bless you Walter....thanks for the kindness and friendship you bestowed upon me and may you rest in eternal peace.

Jim Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Ah thats a shame.Only came across his name in Bret Harts book last night.He surely deserves a mention on WWE shows next week.
    RIP killer:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Buddy Rogers versus Killer Kowalski:

Given that he's in the WWE Hall of Fame, I'm sure he'll be mentioned. RIP.
    Rogers ****s up a tree of woe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Here's the attitude video Kowalski did along with many others (Monsoon, Patterson, Ladd etc..):

lol "we never flew through the air"

kowalski jumps off the top rope in that match with rogers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope Chyna reads the passages she wrote about him from her book at the funeral. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rovert wrote: »
    I hope Chyna reads the passages she wrote about him from her book at the funeral. :pac:

I have not read and have no interest in reading her book, what did she say?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I have not read and have no interest in reading her book, what did she say?

Worst wrestling book ever.

Anyway I read it ages ago, she had nothing good to say about anyone. But when it came to Walter she made him out to be a dirty old man who had little hand in training people at his school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From WWE.com
    Kowalski remembered by Triple H, Dykstra
    By: Brandon D. Campbell
    Written: September 1, 2008

The WWE Universe mourns the loss of WWE Legend and Hall of Famer Walter “Killer” Kowalski, 81. After finishing his storied in-ring career, Kowalski continued to reshape sports-entertainment by opening the “Killer” Kowalski Institute of Professional Wrestling in Malden, Mass., where he trained some of the bigger stars in WWE history, including current Superstars, 12-time World Champion Triple H and former World Tag Team Champion Kenny Dykstra.

In light of sports-entertainment’s tremendous loss in Kowalski’s passing, The Game adjusted his focus from the WWE Championship Scramble to his long-time mentor.

“He wouldn’t go down for the three count; his body kept going and going,” The Game reflected. “It’s a huge loss. Walter was one of the biggest name performers of his time. His legacy will live on forever.”

Exclusive video: The Game's tribute to "Killer"

Triple H’s fellow SmackDown competitor Dykstra has had his share of disagreements with The Game on recent Friday nights, but not when it comes to showing reverence for the fallen legend.

“If it wasn’t for [“Killer”], there’d be no Kenny Dykstra,” added the young Superstar, who began his training at Kowalski’s school when he was 13 years old. “It was a shock to me … it’s heart breaking, but I know he’s in a better place now. Now, he’s looking down on everybody.”

On Aug. 8, the WWE Legend fell ill due to a heart attack, shocking the entire sports-entertainment world. Kowalski’s legion of fans from all around the world, former students and Superstars – including Triple H and Dykstra – flooded his hospital room with get-well cards, gifts and phone calls.

The Windsor, Ontario, Canada native, was perhaps one of the most recognizable names in professional wrestling. Despite his towering demeanor, at 6-foot-7 and standing at 275 pounds, Kowalski had a big heart.

“He was the biggest villain in the ring, and the sweetest guy outside the ring. He’d give the shirt off his back to you,” Dykstra stated.

The pair of Kowalski’s prized students also reflected on their fondest memories spent with the Hall of Famer.

“Every single day he would beat the crap out of me,” Dykstra recalled. “At times I was like, this is ridiculous. This old guy is whipping my butt. But, once I got into the WWE, I realized everything he showed me worked.”

He continued, “There’s times that a light bulb will go off in my head today, and I’d go like, ‘that’s what he was talking about.’ Even though he’s gone, there still are things he showed me I’ll always remember.”

Triple H recalled as a student that “when guys would screw up, [Kowalski] would hit them in the back of the head with a phone book.”

Joking aside, the 12-time World Champion also reminisced when he first signed with WWE and traveled on the road with his mentor.

“He was such a very unique character,” The Game said. “When we got in sometimes at 3 a.m., he’d knock on my door at 5:30 a.m., because he was ready to go eat breakfast.”

“Walter was a vegetarian; trying to find a place with a salad bar at 5:30 in the morning isn’t the easiest thing to do,” said the WWE Champion, with a slight grin on his face. “It was an interesting time. I enjoyed his company. He will be greatly missed.”

Watch: Killer Kowalski in action | Photos

Advertisement