Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leave L-plate up or take them down?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I'm not too bad driving now, but I still rev the engine a bit much when I'm pulling off. I've applied for my driving test but I haven't been given a date. I'm heading back to college soon and I don't know what to do. If I leave my L-plates up, I run the risk of being pulled over a lot! A majority of people I know who have been pulled over have been given a slap on the wrist, no €1000 fine. And I heard if you have proof you've applied for your test, then they're more lenient. But still, it's the getting pulled over a lot part that worries me, especially if it makes me late. If I take them down, and I'm pulled over, which wouldn't be as often, I wouldn't be able to talk my way out of that situation and would most likely be fined. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Leave them up, it's the law.

If you do get caught and don't have them up I'm pretty sure the Garda would do you for anything he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread closed. This forum does not condone breaking the law. There is no law stating that the Gardaí have to be more lenient to those who have applied for their test, it's at the discretion of the Gard. So in short, if you dont have a fully qualified driver to accompany you, then you should not be driving.
    From the Charter:
    * No encouragement/promotion to others to act illegally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement