Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIRE ENGINES COP CARS

Options
  • 30-08-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

what happened at the church about 8pm???? Heard someone may have been knocked down & it was fatal????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What church?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Sorry cathlic church on priest rd

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No idea..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

An elderly woman was knocked down on the church grounds and unfortunately has passed away. May she RIP and my condolences to her family.
    A pedestrian has died tonight after she was hit by a car in co Waterford.

The accident happened at at Summerhill, Tramore, Co Waterford at around 7.30pm.

Gardaí at Tramore are appealing for witnesses.

Source: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhqlojgbkfsn/
    Note: Afaik, it was not a hit and run.

I think its time a complete block on cars parking in the church is needed. Its far to dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Such a shame when you consider accidents like this are avoidable.

• Advertisement

2 other people were injured in the same incident apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Only one lady was involved in this , The usual rumours around the town wromg as usual

R.I.P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Elsewhere, a 70-year-old woman died after she was struck by a car at Summerhill, Tramore, Co Waterford at 7.30pm last night.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0831/rta.html

Already a topic on this in Waterford County.

I was unaware the second lady, that was found dead, was connected?

Topic Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

jesus that terrible!!! traumatic for everyone involved im sure :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As already mentioned, allowing people tp park within church grounds is madness with the amount of people coming out after a mass, alot of people not waiting for these people to move off before they try to drive out.

Cabaal wrote: »
    As already mentioned, allowing people tp park within church grounds is madness with the amount of people coming out after a mass, alot of people not waiting for these people to move off before they try to drive out.

Ya its been a hazzard for ages and I think lots of people must have complained as they closed of the enterance from Summerhill, but allowed traffic from Priests Road to use the grounds. Its not even being used by people with disabilites that require to be close to the church.

I would hope that this will urge the church to close it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Post changed Chinese whispers are terrible

Post changed Chinese whispers are terrible

There was 3 ladys injured - that's not a rumour afaik. I'm unsure if the second lady did actually die from her injuries though? I assume you heard something to rubbish your original post?

Advertisement