Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crusies!

Options
  • 30-08-2008 10:33pm
    Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, its a few years since I went to a good cruise, I use to go to cruises most Sat nights and they we're deadly, we use to go to Brittas Bay car park, Tullamore Tesco Car Park, one Sat night we met in Toughers, Newbridge and ended up in a Lidl warehouse yard with a few hundred cars, some drag racing took place, another night we went to a Euro Cargo Yard in Portlaoise and the lad who organised it locked us in the yard, and because it was private land five O couldn't do anything about it.
    Does anyone remember these cruises, were you there?
    Its about time a large cruise was organised again.......
    Anyone up for it?
    Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

i remember all them cruises they were the old days dont think theyll ever be relivied even thou i would love them to be as i spend many a night entertaining in my rwds and 4wds at them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kir1

theres still cruises on, maybe not as big but there was a good one in kilkenny a few weeks ago. over 300 cars in a n industrial estate with a lot of cams diffin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

i remember the ones in the that particular lidl warehouse yard and there wasn't a resident on the road who could get a wink of sleep that night,take your hooliganism elsewhere i say,when i hear the word cruise 2 things come to mind emett stagg and idiots,why don't you go organize a trackday or something and carry out your messing in a safe environment.

trackdays are organised and most sites have a no messing policy for meets unless its private property like someone opens their yard for them

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi, I thought after me putting this item up on boards.ie there would of been more replies, I read you reply Tossy and all I can say is its hard to please all of the people all of the time, as for the other replies............ Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

tossy wrote: »
    i remember the ones in the that particular lidl warehouse yard and there wasn't a resident on the road who could get a wink of sleep that night,take your hooliganism elsewhere i say,when i hear the word cruise 2 things come to mind emett stagg and idiots,why don't you go organize a trackday or something and carry out your messing in a safe environment.
    ive done track days and i was at them meets in lidl in newbridge reasons we ended up in places like tat was cause the cguards moved us on from the original carpark out in the middle of the curragh where there was no houses etc if guards leave us in a controlled enviroment it ill be taken away from houses i used to do drifting nearly every sat nite in a place called tullow lately the guards and the council shut it cause a few residents complained of noise
    wit the closure of here tis reduced me back to streeto drifting me personnally would love to do it off road but wit mondello not allowing drifters in know and rosegreen closed were reduced to carparks and at the min i can see this growing bigger as people wnt to learn to drift and no where is left for us but the likes of lidl carparks etc:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just an "official" note here:

boards does not condone the practice of so called cruises, as in most cases they are a nuisance to residents.

Anyone trying to organise one over this forum will get a permaban.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

cruises are great :D We still do them every saturday night. a huggeee group. Mad crack for drifting. Tho we have a industrial estate so safe enough enviorment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

yardeyar wrote: »
    Hi, its a few years since I went to a good cruise, I use to go to cruises most Sat nights and they we're deadly, we use to go to Brittas Bay car park, Tullamore Tesco Car Park, one Sat night we met in Toughers, Newbridge and ended up in a Lidl warehouse yard with a few hundred cars, some drag racing took place, another night we went to a Euro Cargo Yard in Portlaoise and the lad who organised it locked us in the yard, and because it was private land five O couldn't do anything about it.
    Anyone up for it?
    Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

Five O???? Iolz

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/runfast800/gangsta2.jpg

http://erroraccessdenied.com/files/images/mechanic.preview.jpg

tossy wrote: »
    mind emett stagg and idiots,

Just in case anyone missed the refrence here. I spat my coffe all over the place.

There a big difference between people in carparks doing rings and the type of rings emmet stag allegedly went looking for. (gay prostitutes)

The idiots one is fair enough cruses do draw more than there fair share of idiots.

ive done track days and i was at them meets in lidl in newbridge reasons we ended up in places like tat was cause the cguards moved us on from the original carpark out in the middle of the curragh where there was no houses etc if guards leave us in a controlled enviroment it ill be taken away from houses i used to do drifting nearly every sat nite in a place called tullow lately the guards and the council shut it cause a few residents complained of noise

The single good point in this thread. There is nowhere for them to go and well what do you think is going to happen.

This is the exact reason the US created the National Hot Rod Asscociation.

Now theres one created in the us for Jap/import tuning and racing.

Poland actually hold events.
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2655/?text
    Theres 1001 videos on Gootube from this legal event. With proper support.

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    cruises are great :D We still do them every saturday night. a huggeee group. Mad crack for drifting. Tho we have a industrial estate so safe enough enviorment!

Yes very safe to tare around an industrial estate. very controlled i bet ye have ambulances, first aiders, crowd control, public liabilty insurance.

I dont think you even have permission to be there but please correct me if im wrong.

My question to you is what happens when it goes wrong? What do you do? Do 150 cars stay and face the music or does everyone run and leave the guy who may have hit something/someone to fend for themselves?

Luckily its pritty hard to screw up a doughnut(it happens though) but a drift(4 wheel drift not going round in a circle) is a different ball game. How many Drift cars have you seen without "Drift dents" or large repairs.

The reason being is that you need to be up on 60mph minimum to give you enough speed to recover the car. Or at least that was my experience. Podge may be able to answer this a little better.

Do i have a point.

Well yes. Why dont ye organise youselves and start lobbying for a place to go.

Organise yourselves actually approach the guards youth relatiosns officers. The NRA and Gay Byrne. Local TDs.

There are already a number of forums in Ireland for crusing. Create one more one for a legal lobby. Ill even put my money where my mouth is an offer the website work for free(you provide the hosting and domain).

jesus im glad someone got my joke jimmy!!!

• Advertisement

There's nothing like meeting in a car park and then going to "A Secret Location" with a load of modified cars on a Saturday night and parking up, looking at each others motors, then when that done its time to flash till Five 0 come along and spoil the fun. People that are against cruises need to realize that crusing is here to stay, most countries in the world have cruises, just go on you tube or any similar web site and there are loads of clips of cruises.
    I'm going to give you an example: Cruisers are like football supporters, and what I mean by this is that at a football match there could be 100,000 people attending the match, most of them are there to cheer on their team, a small amount of them are there to make trouble, well we dont get 100,000 cruisers at a cruise (I wish we did) on a Saturday night but lets say 300 cruisers turn up, well most of them love their cars and like to show them off, now that could mean that they have their cars polished and gleeming, or some might have a lot of ICE and have the boot open playing their favourite tunes, then some might want to "Flash", doing donuts or handbrake turns, well once no one gets hurt what the harm in it, I say better to do it late on a Saturday night in an industrial estate rather than doing it in a housing estate on a Sunday afternoon. Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

There's nothing like meeting in a car park and then going to "A Secret Location" with a load of modified cars on a Saturday night and parking up, looking at each others motors, then when that done its time to flash till Five 0 come along and spoil the fun. People that are against cruises need to realize that crusing is here to stay,

Loads of people do heroin two and its here to stay. They do it in Secret locations as well. I bet theres a video of Pete Dougherty somewhere on youtube from the bbc documentary there two. Thats not the issue.

The issue is your trespassing on an industrial estate/private car park fact.
    You are then complain that Guardai move you on and probably go through your tax/insurance/car with a fine tooth colmb.

I just wonder why you cant engage with the Guardai,Local Government,Local TDs, National Government and at least attempt to get a place to do this where your not going to bother anyone.

In fairness if your old enought to drive then odds are you have vote or nearly have one. 300 votes would get someones attention.

I'm going to give you an example: Cruisers are like football supporters, and what I mean by this is that at a football match there could be 100,000 people attending the match, most of them are there to cheer on their team, a small amount of them are there to make trouble, well we dont get 100,000 cruisers at a cruise (I wish we did) on a Saturday night but lets say 300 cruisers turn up, well most of them love their cars and like to show them off, now that could mean that they have their cars polished and gleeming, or some might have a lot of ICE and have the boot open playing their favourite tunes, then some might want to "Flash", doing donuts or handbrake turns, well once no one gets hurt what the harm in it, I say better to do it late on a Saturday night in an industrial estate rather than doing it in a housing estate on a Sunday afternoon. Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

Yea no one was ever hurt at a cruse? :rolleyes:
    No one ever crashed on there way there or back while messing?:rolleyes:
    No one ever crashed at a cruse doing doughnuts?:rolleyes:
    No one ever put a car on its side doing a hand break turn?:rolleyes:
    No one ever hit someone with the tail of there car drifting a roundabout?:rolleyes:
    No one ever crashed into a factory/bin/kerb (at speed) in an industrial estate messing?:rolleyes:

I have a story for every one of the above btw.

So let me get this straight.

Your opinion is? Please correct it if im wrong.
    • A fictional police unit called Five-O in Hawaii is ruining your fun
    • Its ok to trespass with no regard for safty
    • Its not you its a few hooligans that follow the crusers that cause problems
    • Its better to do it in secret
    • Its ok because i dont do it in housing estates on a sunday morning
    • You have no intention or interest in trying to get a properlly controlled area to do this.

Wasting my time suggesting that there may actually be a way to solve this then. At least the hooker ring joke made me laugh.

Hey Jimmy Crack Corn, when are you coming to a cruise, there buzzy, loads of fast modified cars, sounds like your mad to cruise, what sort of Motor would you bring to the cruise? Dont bring your drug mates, please! I'm sure Five 0 will turn up, not from Hawaii as you seem to think, let me tell you that "Five 0" are real, they are real and they go around in Yaris's and Mondeo's. Keep De Revs Jimmy Up! YEAH!

Since this thread has proven utterly pointless.

Could a mod move this to after hours where it would be more at home.

Meet the Five-O Yo!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w

I just like the Music.:D

The rest of your last post isnt worth replying to.

Organise yourselves actually approach the guards youth relatiosns officers. The NRA and Gay Byrne. quote]

No argument against you having a good point,in fact many. although i do have to say that im part of a site that is a modified car site and the idea is to promote road safety. The organisers have contacted the above and none have responded. One of the lads dads even works for the NRA and he cant even get them to organise a road safety talk for us.

Its like with a lot of things a few bad apples give everyone a bad name and its unfortunate. Especially when the gards move people on when theres clearly no messing involved, that causes half of it. A lot of people are genuine enthusiasts and get a bad name from others messing about on main roads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The trouble is that it's easy for the authorities to just move everyone and nothing else. A better solution would be to look at a way of accommodating an interest that clearly has plenty of fans, which would solve everyone's problems in the long term and free up valuable garda time for more serious matters. Lack of vision/will/whatever is the bane of this country in general.

Having said that, more than one person on this thread is coming across as a numpty. If you want your concerns taken into consideration, start taking other people's on board as well.

kir1 wrote: »
    No argument against you having a good point,in fact many. although i do have to say that im part of a site that is a modified car site and the idea is to promote road safety. The organisers have contacted the above and none have responded. One of the lads dads even works for the NRA and he cant even get them to organise a road safety talk for us.

Have you considered approaching the media to publicise the lack of engagement?

Do you have a public point of contact? website? Spokesperson?

Have you considered issuing a press release with the details of how and when you contacted the above and there failure to respond?

Its like with a lot of things a few bad apples give everyone a bad name and its unfortunate. Especially when the gards move people on when theres clearly no messing involved, that causes half of it. A lot of people are genuine enthusiasts and get a bad name from others messing about on main roads etc

I had a 3" exhaust on a nissan 200sx. I never had an issue with my neighbours and got on very well with them in fact and they even asked about the car. I brought one neighbour for a short drive with his son. This might have had something to do with the fact i drove the car quietly especially at late hours.

Now there was a car jut down the road and from personal experience i can say i really dont appreciate Vtec roar at 3 in the moraning. Im not picking on Hondas i dont appreciate any car @ 5500+ rpm at 3am.

Its just a matter of common curtosy.

nail on the head there jimmy,something a minority of modified pilots don't understand.

If i drive into my estate late at night i always turn down the sounds before entering(not that i play it that loud-i don't even have any audio installs) but music playing inside a car at a decent level can be heard all around at night.

I also drive it in second gear keeping the revs down so there is neither a drone or rasp from the engine/exhaust.

There are things i don't appreciate hearing late at night in my bed and loud cars are one of them,i will add to be fair that taxi drivers are just as bad as modified car drivers!

Have you considered approaching the media to publicise the lack of engagement?

Do you have a public point of contact? website? Spokesperson?

Im not picking on Hondas i dont appreciate any car @ 5500+ rpm at 3am.

yep theres a website, the admin staff would be more on the publicity side and im not sure what other steps they've taken. also not my place to say what site it is as they all have diferent rules on that sort of stuff.

i'd be the same, i drive quietly into the estate, especially at night and i've found i can stick it in neutral and roll all the way into my drive!
    there was a girl here with a fiesta with a big exhaust and she was hated by the neighbours, i get on well with the majority and help an old lad 2 doors down out with his classic car.

as was said it really is about common courtesy and common sense, i like having a straight through exhaust on my rex and it is loud but iv never gone into high revs around the area and try to be as quiet and safe as i can

Hey, Jimmy, thanks for the Hawaii Five 0 theme music. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, your entitled to your and me mine. Good Luck to you! YEAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I agree with several posters here that voting for a place would be good apart from the people who proposed this who seem more *arrogant* than anything else fail to note:
    • Where would you have such a venue when there's mod cars everywhere?
    • Who in their right minds would insure such a high risk activity?
    • It would cost a fortune on maintance
    • Drivers would get bored awfully quickly because its the same old route instead of new locations

While I don't go to all the cruises I have shown up at some in an un-modified car just as a spectator.. There is an element of fun in driving on new roads and meeting new faces in a group almost like boards, A social community.
    Right, thats my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Anyone up for it?
    Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!

Jesus, people like you give me a bad name,

stay quite and go do your thing up the estates untill you finally crash and burn.

Sick to death of cruisers and all the usual craic, some of them Can be good but thats when the brain cowens like this fella here are removed.

Hey, Jimmy, thanks for the Hawaii Five 0 theme music. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, your entitled to your and me mine. Good Luck to you! YEAH!

It Is a good theme tune. Cant beat a large brass section :D

Completely understand that we will never agree. I also understand where your coming from. A few years ago our opinions would have been pretty similar.

Now im just old and cranky:D

getoffmylawn.jpg

kir1 wrote: »
    yep theres a website, the admin staff would be more on the publicity side and im not sure what other steps they've taken. also not my place to say what site it is as they all have diferent rules on that sort of stuff.

i'd be the same, i drive quietly into the estate, especially at night and i've found i can stick it in neutral and roll all the way into my drive!
    there was a girl here with a fiesta with a big exhaust and she was hated by the neighbours, i get on well with the majority and help an old lad 2 doors down out with his classic car.

as was said it really is about common courtesy and common sense, i like having a straight through exhaust on my rex and it is loud but iv never gone into high revs around the area and try to be as quiet and safe as i can

Any chance of a link?

congo_90 wrote: »
    I agree with several posters here that voting for a place would be good apart from the people who proposed this who seem more *arrogant* than anything else fail to note:

Yep the arrogance would be me. Its not actually arrogance in that i do not believe myself to be superior to anyone and i assure you not long ago i want much different than yardeya. I just like to take sledge hammers to delicate situations.

The simple fact is unless you do something nothing changes.

• Where would you have such a venue when there's mod cars everywhere?
    • Who in their right minds would insure such a high risk activity?
    • It would cost a fortune on maintance
    • Drivers would get bored awfully quickly because its the same old route instead of new locations

While I don't go to all the cruises I have shown up at some in an un-modified car just as a spectator.. There is an element of fun in driving on new roads and meeting new faces in a group almost like boards, A social community.
    Right, thats my 2 cents

Where would you have such a venue when there's mod cars everywhere?

Its more a question of getting insured legal acces to open areas locally/ E.g. Large carparks for drift days, Diff Days, Show and shine.

These events already occur on a larger scale. The issue is reducing the cost. I dont see it as any different from what Motorsport Ireland do with local Gravel cross and auto cross events.

Who in their right minds would insure such a high risk activity?

Good question anyone here involved in local motorsprot able to answer this?

It would cost a fortune on maintance

If this is regarding venue maintenance
    This would depend greatly on numbers but auto test is not that expensive why would someone doing a doughnut be any different.

Drivers would get bored awfully quickly because its the same old route instead of new locations

That could be a problem yes but at least there would be somewhere to go which is better than the current situation by far.

Hey Jimmy, life is too short to fall out over things like this and its good to be able to air our different views over the interweb, I have to confess I'm no spring chicken either and that I'm an fogie. YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've been to two cruises, both pointless crap full of show boaters that dont have a clue about cars, I also dont see the point in "diffen"! Its a waste of tyres to be honest.

Mondello had drifting at japfest so I'm sure if someone organised a group they would sort out drifting and I know of a drifting school up in monaghen for anyone that wants to learn so the excuse that theres no where to do it or to learn is BS.

Cruises are illegal, look at me noise fests, a track day or mature organise meet with no diffen or messing is much better, keeps the addidas track suits out and the gardai are actually quite accomadating especially if there notified in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

There's nothing like meeting in a car park and then going to "A Secret Location" with a load of modified cars on a Saturday night and parking up, looking at each others motors, then when that done its time to flash till Five 0 come along and spoil the fun. People that are against cruises need to realize that crusing is here to stay, most countries in the world have cruises, just go on you tube or any similar web site and there are loads of clips of cruises.

I'd prefer a professional meet than a cruise any day. Not only for the safety etc, but if you go to a professional meet, only serious people will show up. The difference between football supporters acting up in the crowd is that security is on stand by to deal with them. For the record, its not your god given right to drift on open roads. keep drifting on the track.
    Keep De Revs Up! YEAH!
    Get Ur Head Outta Your Arse ! YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Cruises, well at least its not spelt with a Z...

I'm from Tullamore and remember the one in the Tesco car park, was a mess, a few nice cars followed by a couple hundred puntos and civics and a whole lot of traffic jams.

Stop making it sound like ye have a bad name for nothing, its brought on by yourselves. If you want meets and cruises go join a club, midnightclub.ie or if you want to drift go to dtdirl.com, at least they organise proper events.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Cruises, well at least its not spelt with a Z...

If you want meets and cruises go join a club, midnightclub.ie or if you want to drift go to dtdirl.com, at least they organise proper events.

there the only ones i've been to, and similar clubs

Advertisement