Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting married in France

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi

I am hoping to get married next year and bring my kids to Disneyland Paris. Was wondering if it'll be possible to combine the two. Anyone know the legalities of getting married in France. Just want to know if it would be complicated or what.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

the problem is that it could turn out to be a bit of a mickey mouse wedding:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

Hiya

Just thought I'd share some of the info I've picked up along the way - there seems to be a lot of paper work involved and stipulations that you must have a period of residency in France before the marriage and also complete an extensive medical and obtain a Prenuptial Medical Certificate. You must also contact the mayor of the district in which you are marrying.

The best thing to do starting off would be to contact the French embassy in Dublin as there might be different requirements depending on whether you are marrying a French national or 2 Irish going abroad.

For us, I think I have to obtain the medical cert in any case and also prove residency for 1 month before the ceremony. I'm glad I have a bit of time before organising it:-)

Hope this bit of info helps... and congratulations and best of luck.. I'm sure ye will have a great time when all the hard work is done:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

Why don't you marry at the Irish ambassy in Paris? Isn't possible under irish law?
    You can marry at a French church too, no need for paper work, aside from the usual church ones.

Advertisement