Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

un fished lake

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

im going fishing tomorow morn can anyone tell me the best way to find a clear bottom on the lake so i can feeder fish for some bream.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Cast out a lead. Point the rod down the line. Pull the line with your hand, and you can feel everything that's there.

Put on an old spinner, let it sink, and you can retrieve samples of whatever weed is in that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Its very hard to tell what is on the bottom with normal monofillimant line(normal fishing line) because it streaches too much.
    if you use braided line, you will be able to tell if your pulling over gravel,stone,big rocks,weedbeds and so on because braided line has no streach and relays every bump back to your rod tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bencarvosso

hi saw ur post on that wee lkae near knock, dont like naming them (the tench water)

i fished it many years ago and had a few fish but nothing over 5lb

love to chat to u... moved to sligo so it is not too far and saw ur pic of the 7lber lovely fish

if u could mail me back my email is bencarvosso@gmail.com

Advertisement