Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling on RB guitar

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Lads, I've hit the wall and need some tips. By the sounds of it some of you are pretty decent on the guitar so I hope you can help me out. I've spent the last while going back and 5 starring everything on medium because I can't crack anything on Hard Level at all.
    I've just scraped through Mississippi Queen after practicing about a dozen times, but I didn't feel at all comfortable. The problem is the addition of that fifth key and I keep forgetting where my fingers are. :confused:
    Is there an 'anchor key' I should be using ? (ie, index finger always on either red or green) and move the whole hand up/down as needed? [Hope that makes sense] Would this 'anchor key' be the same for every song, or vary?
    Any tips to get myself going again would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Play from two hand positions

When you see a right-most note, shift your hand over so that your four fingers are on the right most buttons.

Same goes for the left most button, move your hand back. You can stretch for the right most without moving, which is necessary for faster ones on expert, but overall, getting used to this is best for most tracks, as you will need to move for chords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think you're spot on with your anchor key theory. Index on red, always!! Pop it to green if needed!

Also, I don't know about others, but I don't even think about colours, just shapes/patterns. If I was asked to list out the colours in order I'd have to stop and think, yet my career score is just over 8 mil.

Advertisement