Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearms dealers certificate

Options
  • 31-08-2008 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,
    Ive just sent in my application for a firearms dealers certificate ( ammunition only).
    Anyone here any idea what kind of storage area is required(safe, firedoor etc).
    Cheers.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Hi all,
    Ive just sent in my application for a firearms dealers certificate ( ammunition only).
    Anyone here any idea what kind of storage area is required(safe, firedoor etc).
    Cheers.:confused:
    Cart>Horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

demonloop wrote: »
    Cart>Horse
    Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gameshotpro

It says on application form that no building work is to be carried out until the site is inspected. This would suggest to me that every site would be different in terms of security. so i was just wondering what everyone else had to do.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It is different as location.But the DOJ guidelines as to what things need to be [EG the trpe of steel door,type of alarm]are pretty much the same.Sit and wait till your cPO comes out and do this by the stages.Only way you can do this.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I hate to be blunt but you should have found out that info before sending off for a license.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

It says on application form that no building work is to be carried out until the site is inspected. This would suggest to me that every site would be different in terms of security. so i was just wondering what everyone else had to do.:confused:

You are correct.

The best person to ask is your local Crime Prevention Officer,
    He/She will have to inspect what you eventually build and make a report to your Superintendent.

You can find a contact number for your local CPO,
    from your District Garda Station,
    call and make an appointment.

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

demonloop wrote: »
    Cart>Horse

Surely in a linear siquence it would be Horse>Cart.........

As in the previous depiction the hourse would be able to pull the cart therby rendering the insinuation null and viod

Advertisement