Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Jean finishes run on Fables

Options
  • 31-08-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I know from the "what comic are you reading thread" that a number of people on this forum pick up Fables either as a monthly comic or the collected trades so I thought I'd link to James Jeans blog for those who don't read it. James Jean will be finishing his run as cover artists on fables with issue 81. I for one will miss his covers as they always jumped off the shelves as very different to everything else out there and they were the reason I first picked up fables. I will still pick it up after 81 as I found it is a great comic but it will be interesting to see who they get to replace Jean on covers.

We do get to look forward to a 208 page Fables cover book being released in November.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Though I only ever picked up the trades, I did notice that the covers for the comic itself were generally wonderful. I liked the 1001 Nights Of Snowfall cover in particular, but overall the Fables covers did their job of standing out from everything else very well - I've found I always notice it on the shelves even though I don't buy it.

Jean will be a tough act to follow; has the new cover artist been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Jean will be a tough act to follow; has the new cover artist been announced yet?

Not that I've heard - some the fables fan forums have been throwing out names they'd like to see replace Jean - Joao Ruas and Tara McPherson are two names that have popped up but those are just fan comments, I don't think theres been any offical annoucment yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

that's a pity, the Fables covers were fantastic, like Fysh I only ever picked up the trades, but the covers re-printed within were a cut above.

After checking the links that Ztocial provided, Joao Ruas would defiantly have my vote, but on the other hand I loved Tara McPherson's contribution to '1001 Nights' and it'd be a really interesting change of style for the covers aswell.

Advertisement