Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for freezer thermostat

Options
  • 31-08-2008 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭

(Note also posted in Home Appliances, but posted here also for extra visibility)

OK, so the day before we go on holiday (!!!) the thermostat in the freezer has broken (the capillary tube part of the thermostat in the freezer itself came loose somehow, got caught on a slide out drawer and snapped off!!)

The freezer is an ancient no-name model bought in a chain store in Germany many years ago.

I've taken the thermostat itself out and its a Ranco K54, which after a bit of Googling seems quite a common make and model, so does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I might get one?

We've resigned ourselves to dumping the contents before going on holiday, so no real hurry, and I've found a few places online where I can get one, but I'd like to get it fixed as soon as I get back from holiday if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dakaiser

Try Domestic Appliance Service in Dun Laoighre 01 2808807. They may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks!

Advertisement