Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby birth stories.

Options
  • 31-08-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Just thought id put this one up. What was your expierance of child birth like.

Heres mine
    well where do i begin,
    baby number one DS, was anything but a normal pregnancey. I was bed bound from about 6 months with pre-ecclampsia, gestaional diabeties and sever pubic sympasis and nearly died on one occasion. Because of that i had to be induced at 38weeks. Having gone through 24 hours of labour and getting an epidural 12 hours into it (big happy face :grin:) I only progressed to 6cm because DS head was coming out sideways. He started to become distressed and had major heart deccelerations so i was rushed into theatre for a c-section. Thankfully everyone came out normal and healthy, except for my bladder lol. Because his head was stuck in such a way he cut off my urethra and my bladder got so big i had nerve damage, and still do. Now i dont know wheni need to pee lol. I get an uncomfortabel feeling in my tummy thats the only way i know its full. fun.
    My second DS, i also had gestational diabeties and was on insulin 4 times a day. Nearly died on that one too, having gone hypo once to the point where i wasnt making any sence lol, nothing new there. But again at 39 weeks my womb ruptured and i was sent into theatre. Everyone came out healthy and well.
    As you can see from above im defo done having babies. Adoption is my only other route if i want to stay alive. Even the doctors said its not a good idea anymore. To that end HUBBY HAS BEEN FIXED lol. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

God you were unfortunate-lostinnappies! No wonder you're sticking at two. I have 4 ranging from age 18 to 4 and I have to say each one was a doddle. Mind you the first was a forceps delivery so after epidural wore off I was awfully sore. All the other three were very easy. I had epidurals-thank God for modern medicine! I might have had another one to keep the last company but my age was very much against me-I had her at 41-and of course the sheer economics of 5 kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Lostinnappies awful stories, i'm so sorry you had to go through such agony. Congratulations on coming through it!

I had hyperemesis gravidum (9 month 24/7 morning sickness) which was pretty much my only out of the ordinary complaint. I had a bit of emotional upset in my pregnancy as in the same week my grandfather and my dog died and i learned my fiancee was cheating on me and our wedding disolved. When i went into labour i couldn't tell because i only had back pain. I was a little early which i wasn't expecting as babies in our family have always been late and this is my first. I had gone into hospital for a few days at 22 weeks (couldn't poop at all!) and had used my suitcase then and never got around to re pack it so i was crawling around the floor in agony looking for nighties, baby clothes and the whole lot.

Got to hospital convinced i was about to pop only to find out i was 2 cm! Went up to theatre and just as the pain got really unbearable the epidural arrived. It was a gorgeous day and thats pretty much all i said was how beautiful it was. Had my mum with me which i definitely would do again-she could understand everything i was going through. The team i had were fantastic, when i was going through the dodgey stuff i felt fine knowing they knew what to do Thank God. When baby started coming she had a change of heart and tried to go back, my blood pressure dropped and she had to be vacuum suctioned. When the head was out i freaked because she wasn't crying but the nurse kindly explained that she wasn't actually born yet :o When she was born they took her away quickly but she was returned to me pretty fast and everything was fine then.

I had to pee in the shower the first time-was terrified about the episiotomy! I have bladder issues to lostinnappies but just i need to go way more! Oh the beauty of childbirth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

LolaDub wrote: »
    I had a bit of emotional upset in my pregnancy as in the same week my grandfather and my dog died and i learned my fiancee was cheating on me and our wedding disolved. !

Gosh you didnt half go through it.

Big hugs

Lizzykins wrote: »
    I have 4 ranging from age 18 to 4 and I have to say each one was a doddle. Mind you the first was a forceps delivery so after epidural wore off I was awfully sore. All the other three were very easy. !

im so jealous lol although i think we could all do without forceps if we could lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Gosh lostinnappies and loladub you had it tough!:eek:

Just to balance things out I'll tell my "doddle" stories.

Baby 1: about 7 hours of labour with contractions so irregular and odd that they didn't register as being the real thing on the ctg. I had some gas and air towards the end and 40 minutes of pushing. I didn't even feel her being born and though I had a tear and stitches I had no pain whatsoever afterwards.

Baby 2: From first pang to birth 2 hours and 20 minutes and he practically jumped out in one fell swoop in about 2 pushes. Of that 2 hours 20 minutes only about 45 minutes was really painful and I went from 2cm to 10cm in that time. No drugs... I'd just got to the stage of asking for gas and air when he was ready to be born. Happy days! I had a tear again but again no pain afterwards:)

I know I know... i was very very lucky:)

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »

Just to balance things out I'll tell my "doddle" stories.

Baby 1: about 7 hours of labour with contractions so irregular and odd that they didn't register as being the real thing on the ctg. I had some gas and air towards the end and 40 minutes of pushing. I didn't even feel her being born and though I had a tear and stitches I had no pain whatsoever afterwards.

Baby 2: From first pang to birth 2 hours and 20 minutes and he practically jumped out in one fell swoop in about 2 pushes. Of that 2 hours 20 minutes only about 45 minutes was really painful and I went from 2cm to 10cm in that time. No drugs... I'd just got to the stage of asking for gas and air when he was ready to be born. Happy days! I had a tear again but again no pain afterwards:)

I know I know... i was very very lucky:)

oh my god am i jealous or what lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Mine was pretty straightforward, the labour part anyway.

Membranes ruptures @ 30 weeks, long stint in hospital with plenty of bedrest and steriods...was out of hospital (with constant leakage of water @ 32 weeks) with close monitering..week and a half later went into spontaneous labour. Labour lasted 13 long agonising hours, was admitted at 2 cm dilated (could have swore i was at least 8 because the pain was horrific!), got th epidural at 4cm, which wore off towards the pushing, glad so I could feel the contractions and himself was born, labour was sooo so tough, apparently dry births are but then I have no other experience. 5lbs exactly (dread to think what he would have been full term!), he was in SCU for 1 week (from SCU to nursery) for monitering and down into the ward for another 5 days until we were let home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Gosh you didnt half go through it.

Big hugs
    littlebug wrote: »

Thanks ladies! Didn't realise i had a really bad one but i wasn't a fan of the extra morning sickness at all!

Im really supprised they let you out at all LadyE,
    I thought they were ment to keep you in when you rupture membranes until you deliver. Good on ya for coping without the epidural towards the end .... id have screamed blue murder lol

Advertisement