Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths - Revision Books?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Anyone know of revision books for Applied Maths? I have the dull, brown book which seems to be the only one. I don't want to get grinds, I just want a new look on it.

Any recommended reading?

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

There aren't any revision books. There is another textbook by Kevin Conliffe. Apparently it's not great but if you just want a different prospective it might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks! I'll eBay it or if someone has a copy to sell, please PM me

HINT HINT to Rapid Revsion and Less Stress.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

not really worth their time publishing a book if they only sell a few hundred a year. How much people do applied maths 1000?

If you dont already know about the site examinations.ie check it out they have all the solutions for the last eight years or so. Is used that site more than the brown book.

I have the other blue book wouldnt advise buying it, its a heap of crap. It doesnt even cover what is on the course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

You could try getting institute of education notes from somebody. Don't have any myself, though.

I think about 5000 do the course. Its on the examination site.

I'll try source the Institute notes. I've done all the exam papers but I need more. How to do them, not just the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

The Institute notes will show you how to do every type of question. Well the Aidan Roantree ones will, not sure if Oliver Murphy has his own.

Does anyone have a copy of the Institute notes? I'd be willing to pay for them. Please PM me if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tanora78

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'd love some notes too! If anyone has them scanned and can email them that would be a big help:)

A year on and I still haven't found a good book for Applied Maths. Its such a great subject, why isn't it encouraged? :confused:

Anyone have Kevin Conliffe's book? I can't find it anywhere. Its out of print apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Dont bother buying the kevin conliffe's book, we use it and it is terrible. Just use the exam papers i would say if you cannot get notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sparkicks

Check out this. Applied maths teacher in KH built it it has some key notes at the top plus some links to applets and all explaining the thing. not quite book form but revision notes are very helpfull

http://thephysicsteacher.ie/appliedmathshome.htm

Advertisement