Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting as a moderator

Options
  • 31-08-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

How about employing a different coloured post layout for whenever a moderator is posting as a moderator? Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out if a mod is posting as a mod or as a regular user.

It would be helpful in high traffic forums and make official warnings in a thread more noticeable leading to less time spend subsequently modding thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

AdMMM wrote: »
    How about employing a different coloured post layout for whenever a moderator is posting as a moderator? Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out if a mod is posting as a mod or as a regular user.

It would be helpful in high traffic forums and make official warnings in a thread more noticeable leading to less time spend subsequently modding thread.
    Or tags whereby the moderator can put moderations between [mod][/mod] or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i like this idea

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

All mods will have the forums they moderate listed under their post count and most will have bold user names/coloured stars. So if such a user asks people to cop on, or issues a public warning its usually fairly obvious. :)

Sully wrote: »
    All mods will have the forums they moderate listed under their post count and most will have bold user names/coloured stars. So if such a user asks people to cop on, or issues a public warning its usually fairly obvious. :)
    you seem to have missed the point. everybody here knows that. what AdMMM was requesting was a way for mods to specify whether they were posting as a mod i.e. informing users of warning/infractions/bans etc. or just posting to contribute to a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This has been discussed a few times before(eg). I don't really have a problem with it one way or the other. Usually i'd err on the side of caution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mirror wrote: »
    you seem to have missed the point. everybody here knows that. what AdMMM was requesting was a way for mods to specify whether they were posting as a mod i.e. informing users of warning/infractions/bans etc. or just posting to contribute to a thread.

It should be fairly obvious... but maybe that's cause I aint seen a post where doubt could be shadowed..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

+1 from me.

It would remove any ambiguity - especially for newer users.

Sully wrote: »
    It should be fairly obvious... but maybe that's cause I aint seen a post where doubt could be shadowed..
    i know what you mean, it usually is obvious. but for longer threads in AH, and places like the lair/the bar in nocturnal forum or bgrh we often get mods coming in to play and trying to bring a halt to a certain topics discussion or highlight an issue. then a user comes along after a day, glazes over a couple of pages and may miss this moderation.

basically i don't see any harm behind it, but it could be helpful. just something simple like a different colour scheme for the individual posts container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bring in the [mo d] [/ mod] tags! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i like it.
    sometimes when mods post in their forum, a division between user comment and mod comment is needed.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

i support mod tags, but as regards, everything else, i also err on the side of caution...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement