Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does aviation fuel cost ?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Heard mention on TV3 (I know, I know), that with a full plane going DUB to LAX, the fuel surcharge currently generates an additional €45,000. So how much does it cost to fuel one of them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

The A330-200 goes DUB-LAX. It will cost around €100k to refuel from empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Believe its about 50c a litre.

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Believe its about 50c a litre.

Its about 70 cent at the moment.

Sorry I paid 91 cent the other day.

That would make a full load for a A330-200 €127000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Guess they're really making on this surcharge then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

*Kol* wrote: »

Hi Kol, Where did you buy your fuel for 91c per litre as even that is very cheap for Jet A1 & how much did you get? The average in Ireland is a bit more than that. Would be interesting to find out how much it is in various parts of the country.

Aviation Fuel is rising all the time and it is an unavoidable cost with airlines & aircraft owners. It's hurting everybody from the airlines to the passengers to the people who cannot afford to fly due to this continuous rising costs. If this keeps up it'll cost a fortune to fly in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Work it out for yourself....A330-300 total capacity is roughly 97,000 litres. An A330-200 total capacity is just about 139,000 Litres. So whatever the price is per litre..you do the sums.
    I see from the half year results that Aer Lingus has hedged 70% of its remaining estimated fuel requirements for 2008 at 1,137 Dollars per tonne and 20% of 2009 estimated fuel requirements 1,165 Dollars Per Tonne. Using 1.49 as exchange rate for 2008's Hedging and 1.48 for 2009's requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 EI-EAY

Price of Jet Fuel depends on negotiated rates and wheter duty has to be paid (doesnt if the aircraft is leaving the country as the fuel is being exported) can be up to €1.19 per litre in the regional airports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

*Kol* wrote: »

You were hedged like the big airlines were you:rolleyes:

You were hedged like the big airlines were you:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: bite me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement