Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question

Options
  • 31-08-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Can i connect a wireless router to an internet connection and then it would work or would i need to install software or would i need a server?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,233 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can i connect a wireless router to an internet connection and then it would work or would i need to install software or would i need a server?

Routers almost always have their own web interface for configuring them, no need for external software.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When asking questions such as this it is best to be as specific as possible if you want people to help you. Give details of equipment. isp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dub45 wrote: »
    When asking questions such as this it is best to be as specific as possible if you want people to help you. Give details of equipment. isp etc

+1

does OP have a cable modem or ADSL? usb or ethernet connections? chances are it's a DHCP ethernet router so i'd assume it's a surprisingly quick and easy setup

Advertisement