Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluffylinkulator - Review C&C please...

Options
  • 31-08-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Over the past while I've worked hard on getting this site up and running.

I'd appreciated any Comments and Criticism that anyone has.

The website link is: http://www.fluffylinkulator.com/

(there are still one or two css issues ... mainly related to ie 5.5 / 6 that I'm working on fixing up over the next little while)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hi Forbairt, interesting site

My comments - HAHA :D is all that comes to mind
    My criticisms wold be the colour pink you use isnt fluffy enough looking :p

Ill be sure to use this and hopefully find it as useful as Todd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Axwell wrote: »
    My criticisms wold be the colour pink you use isnt fluffy enough looking :p

Thanks for the feedback Axwell ... I've passed this on to the team (made a mental note). A number of people have mentioned it not being Fluffy enough and wanting more fuzz on the logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You need to add more snakeoil (best if you whip it up a bit first), set up a linkfarm through a nice lil ole blog and better exploit your bottom feeing assets. Site validates nicely but Todd's quote isn't closed - tut tut. Then create some hub bub (sp??????) on various industry lists/sites/forums/fora.

\r

PS and something about getting surnames right - obscure ref

tricky D wrote: »
    You need to add more snakeoil (best if you whip it up a bit first), set up a linkfarm through a nice lil ole blog and better exploit your bottom feeing assets. Site validates nicely but Todd's quote isn't closed - tut tut. Then create some hub bub (sp??????) on various industry lists/sites/forums/fora.

Good Thinking :D
    tricky D wrote: »
    PS and something about getting surnames right - obscure ref

?? can only think of one thing relating to surnames at the moment care to inform me what you're on about ? :) (as I'm ... more lost than usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Two things.

1 - The table where you have the time-frame isn't very clear at all. The whole thing should in a box of it's own, the stripes are too distracting. I think a bullet point list might look better.

2 - You're not on the first page for 'rapid inclusion system', and while your getting high rankings for 'Rapid Inclusion service' it's probably just because it's a relatively esoteric term that's not used much.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments p
    p wrote: »
    1 - The table where you have the time-frame isn't very clear at all. The whole thing should in a box of it's own, the stripes are too distracting. I think a bullet point list might look better.

Hmm... I had tried a bullet point list / ordered list and wasn't too happy ... may change it again shortly. I've lightened the colours a bit ... changed the date (as all the dates were the same .. I've moved it to the top)
    p wrote: »
    2 - You're not on the first page for 'rapid inclusion system', and while your getting high rankings for 'Rapid Inclusion service' it's probably just because it's a relatively esoteric term that's not used much.

I am aware of this :)

The site has already been referred to as a parody already on one blog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

forbairt wrote: »
    The site has already been referred to as a parody already on one blog

A link is a link :D

jhegarty wrote: »
    A link is a link :D

I don't deny it :D ... and the more I think about it the more I wonder if I shouldn't do more with the site .. (a friend actually told me today its quite useful ... he'd be more beginner in webdesign though)

(originally I wasn't including any links ... then someone said get your link in there as fast as possible and I said feck it) ... at least its name isn't an irish word that few people know :o or can pronounce :D

Advertisement