Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callaghan leaves Town

Options
  • 31-08-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Sums up our season really.I am very concerned we will end up in A league.Not many coming to the Flansiro these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Ah they've wanted him gone for a long time, just couldnt afford the payoff! Ive heard who they have in mind and its a good choice if they can get him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

better for soccer forum maybe?
    but Aaron was a nice guy, just pity about recent form.
    Isn't vinny manager tothe finish now slf?

Maybe not, board meeting about it tonight some of them want vinny some dont. Dont think they'll take the new guy until season end anyways

Maybe not, board meeting about it tonight some of them want vinny some dont. Dont think they'll take the new guy until season end anyways

I am intrigued! tell me all you know!!

Word is the players like vinny a lot less than they liked aaron (which wasnt a lot). Plus vinny has no badges far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Vinny is working towards getting some badges, Three games unbeaten anyway which is nice from the previous run of several defeats. May not make the Waterford game this weekend, first one to miss all season!

Vinny is working towards getting some badges, Three games unbeaten anyway which is nice from the previous run of several defeats. May not make the Waterford game this weekend, first one to miss all season!
    :eek: you're a disgrace!:p
    It should be good and lets hope Vinny continues his unbeaten streak.
    For anyone interested, the Legends are coming on 4th October;) link
    Players like Lee Sharpe, of Man U and England,Gary Kelly,Leeds and Ireland, Terry Cochrane, who scored in Wembley against England for Northern Ireland, John Hendrie of Scotland as well as Craig Hignett and Steve Howey and a host of others will be playing a Town selection on October 4th at 5.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

[QUOTE=kerash;57365163For anyone interested, the Legends are coming on 4th October;) [/URL][/QUOTE]

Blatant false advertising. I vote for The Reasonables

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Just joined. Good to see a Longford section here. Apparantly Vinny has stopped the rot setting in, but the 3-0 to Waterford defeat cant have helped matters. I was a big fan of Vinny in his playing days and hope he gets the chance to turn it round.

Christ not you Pauro! Buckfast Buckfast.... :) Will we see you back at a game in Section O before the end of the season?

• Advertisement

This RonanB? Ha ha, just joined here the other day. Was actually in Longford this weekend for Cathal's wedding, wasnt anywhere near the game but we did have the pleasure of Paschal's 'Yippee I O' song for the umpteenth time.

pauro 76 wrote: »
    This RonanB? pleasure of Paschal's 'Yippee I O' song for the umpteenth time.

Shudder ;)

The 7th Circle of hell when that happens! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Slartibartfast

Great win tonight. I also see there's some more "Legends" coming to town on Saturday in David May and Lee Martin of Man Utd fame. Should be a good laugh all in all.

http://www.ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=f369d127-a2d3-4170-b59e-3a2d653fffb3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Didn't get back home to the Legends game. Heard there wasn't a hectic crowd but I couldn't be bothered watching Lee Sharpe if I'm being honest.

Anybody hear about this planned Testimonial for Prunty?? That's all I've heard, nothing more,jst wondering if anyone else had?

Just noticed this on the site
    http://www.ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=d4228cb2-bd87-4562-bbe5-39104494ce75

Today, 9:15AM

As the season has ended the club would like to thank Vinny Perth for his work as Caretaker Manager since Aaron Callaghan stepped down.

With the transfer window for the new season opening on December 1st, the club will be recruiting a Manager for the 2009 season. A number of expressions of interest have already been received and further applications will be considered up to Monday, December 1st.

I presume that means Vinny is gone?

Advertisement