Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My cabinet, she finally arrived! :D

• 31-08-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Just want to say thanks to mitchomagic for pointing out this auction to me on ebay 4 months ago. Was exactly what I was looking for. Actually took 4 months to figure out how to get it up to my house. Just not enough people in this world with vans... :)

Currently has a neo 1 slot MVS. Changing games out is already becoming a pain! So hope to get that upgraded to at least a 4 slot sometime soon.

P9010241.jpg

The monitor was a nice surprised. From the ebay auction photos I thought it was a 20. It's actually 25. It was giving me a bit of hassle yesterday but seems to be working perfectly now *phew*. Fingers crossed it doesn't crap out any time soon.

P9010247.jpg

The one thing that really needs a bit of work is the control panel as you can see here. The overlay has been completely picked off on the player 1 side. Probably by some teenage ruffians :mad:

P9010244.jpg

The sticks are also fairly nasty looking. They look more like gearsticks than joysticks. I'm going to try and replaced both sides with a completely new set.

Hope to change the button layout as well to something as close to a Neo system as possible.

Apart from a battered CP (and coin door actually), I'm quite surprised with the condition it's in. There's the odd scratch, but the wood is more or less untouched. I'm still debating whether or not to try and change it. Would love to make it look as close to an electrocoin as possible but I'm not too sure.

Only problem is, I now want another one. Maybe a Candy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

*jealous*

Now I want one too ... that looks really nice ... enjoy!

It would be rude to ask how much you paid ... but what's the typical eBay price ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I paid in the region of €130. May have been a little less. Really was for nothing.

Coincidently I had a relative moving down to Wexford and the cab was there too. So it was just a matter of him stopping over and loading it up on one of the trips back. No delivery fees for me at all!

There was a similar cab on ebay about a month ago from a Irish seller. The control panel wasn't as knackared as mine but I think the asking price was about €400. Crazy stuff.

Just keep an eye out. It really is worth the hassle. I'm like a bit kid at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Sweeeeeet,looks like you got a cracking bargain,good luck with it.I must say, I feel a touch of the green eyed monster coming out :(;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

congrats Oisin - looks the business. I hope my home-made comes out looking half as good !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Nice cab! How many carts do you own?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

LoGiE wrote: »
    Nice cab! How many carts do you own?

Just 5 at the moment.

Puzzle Bobble
    Metal Slug X
    Street Hoop
    Tecmo World Soccer '96
    Top Player's Golf

Bought Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug X on ebay. The others came with the cab.

So many games to buy now I really don't know where to begin. I'm thinking I need a decent Beat em up and shmup to start off with.

Gonna be hard to figure out which Beat em up to go with. Just gonna have to buy em all! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Gonna be hard to figure out which Beat em up to go with. Just gonna have to buy em all! :D

I think everyone who reads this forum will appreciate that exquisite logic :)

Master of the Universe

trout wrote: »
    I think everyone who reads this forum will appreciate that exquisite logic :)

Less is NEVER more :D

Less is NEVER more :D

Too much == never enough :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Nice it all worked out in the end,As for the JS try www.arcadeshop.de get a nice set of Sanwa JLW joystick and a transparent Seimitsu balltop bang in a LED some nice trans buttons and away you go Check Luigi post in J+ for info Iam up for a set the look the Dog B, as for overlay mamemarquees have some nice stock,+ shipping makes it a bit pricey,I have some overlay comming in from the US I will let you know when it arrives.

You know 1 is never enough 30+ and counting,need a bigger house

Cheers MItch

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Any idea what overlays you have coming in? I'd like to try and make it look like a dedicated Neo Geo cab. Would love to get UK electrocoin bits and bobs but they don't seem to be online anywhere. Mamemarquees only have big red ones for some reason.

You have over 30 cabs? :eek: Ever think of opening up an arcade? I know I'd go!

try http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/ they might know somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

You know 1 is never enough 30+ and counting,need a bigger house
    30+ :eek::eek:,Not that I'm doubting you, but I love to see some photos of them, all powered on,blinking and flashing like a real arcade.......I'd never go to work if I had those at home lol

30 working i wish,have about 6 set up and running in the house + 2 pins,the rest are in storage waiting to be restored,garage is full,no room to move,no time to fix...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I'd be reluctant to remove those joysticks. They look like the Suzo type European stick, and they have a short travel and stiffer spring than the Japanese Sanwas or Seimitsus. If they're gone bad they could be replaced with newer Suzo 500s, since the stick base and screw arrangement are probably the same as what's there now. They are tall though, so it's hard to rest your joystick hand on the panel, but you tend not to do that on a sloped upright cabinet anyway.

Master of the Universe

Those Suzo eurosticks look really nice.

The ones in my cab at the moment work fine (player 1 is a bit looser than 2 but it's still perfectly useable). It's more the cosmetics that bother me. Flat topped sticks just don't look right! They actually remind me of Rooks from a chessboard.

Plus someone took a lump out of player 1. Probably the same person that put a lighter to each player select button and picked off the CP overlay.

*strangle*

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

I have been down to Mitch (bought a Naomi GDROM universal cab of him) and he has a hugh amount of arcade kit...good bloke to deal with aswell. Collecting a cab from him next week for a friend of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

very cool machine man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Nice, Arcade i remember when i got my First 6 slot Mvs Slot cab back in 2003, came with metal slug 1,2,blazing star, samuarai shodown 3,puzzle bobble 2 (damn rare) still got it, btw i reccomend not getting a 4slot, they can be hit and miss with relyability, 6slots are much better if your Cab can cope with the space. also be carefull the 1 slots sometimes don't play some of the newer games like Matrimelee for instance, you would have to open them up and and wire a bit to it if i remember,
    Just 5 at the moment.

Puzzle Bobble
    Metal Slug X
    Street Hoop
    Tecmo World Soccer '96
    Top Player's Golf

Bought Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug X on ebay. The others came with the cab.

So many games to buy now I really don't know where to begin. I'm thinking I need a decent Beat em up and shmup to start off with.

Gonna be hard to figure out which Beat em up to go with. Just gonna have to buy em all!
    Well i have to suggest getting Samurai shodown II cause it's cheap well all Mvs games are cheapish compared to Aes, but i love collecting for both, And if you want a blatent Final fight ripoff i suggest Burning Fight its such a final fight ripoff i dont know how they didnt get sued.

And the best shooters on the system are
    blazing star
    captain tomaday
    last resort

Also watch out for bootleg's there are alot of bootlegs on Ebay at the moment one of the most common Bootlegged games is Unfortunatly puzzle bobble

And im guessing you got the Mvs carts bare as in not in kitted form, eg: artwork and so fourth i sugesst you go to this place and order what is called a Shockbox basically its like a box to put your mvs carts in and you can print out high quality Designs from websites just makes them look more like AES With the nice Box and everything.
    http://www.neostore.com/detail.asp?ProductID=1096

And for the artwork there are these guys,

http://www.southtown-homebrew.com/ a few guys from Neo-geo.com where i'm from Great artwork and so fourth.

And if your into Modding this is a very good site just to tell you more about your actual hardware you have and ect.....
    http://www.hardmvs.com/html/news.htm
    And a bios chip that can turn your MVS into a very cool machine indeed some of the features are Juke box from the game, can turn the game to Mvs/Aes (cause some games have extra features when you switch to Aes, you can turn blood and bouncyness on ect.... And the bios chip is made from the Legendary man Razoola that bought Cps2 emulation to the world.
    http://southtown-homebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=185&products_id=593

Master of the Universe

Cheers for the info appleidog.

A 6 slot would be brilliant alright. Currently I have the control panel left unhinged with the one slot accessable through the front. Much handier than having to move the cab every time I want to play a game. Still not as handy as 6 slot though ;)

Any I've seen for sale though cost more than my cab did. So I'll be using this one slot for another while yet.

Actually, do multi slot boards need an extra button to switch between the different games on the boot up menu? I think I read somewhere that they do. Suppose I'd have to figure out how to install that before getting one.

I hear ya about the bootlegs, they're a right scourge. I thought there was something wrong with my monitor, (Blinking, rolling at the top) but just noticed recently that it was only happening when I was playing Puzzle Bobble. When that game was replaced, the monitor would go back to normal after a bit.

I've checked the boards inside and they have SNK marking and Toshiba chips. Which I thought was a sign of them being originals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

yeah they do, need a button, Have you tried cleaning the Contacts of Puzzle bobble that could be the reason.

Master of the Universe

Just did a bit of work on this and got some more games, so I thought I'd throw up a few pics.

P9200273.jpg

Covered up the rust on the CP for the moment with some oil paint. It looks a lot more matt in reality than it does there.

P9200276.jpg

Not the most exciting photo, but it took me so long to get the coin door sanded down before painting that I thought it deserved to go up ;)
    Now it's nice and fresh looking.

P9200277.jpg

I had a light bulb moment last week. Rather than constantly accessing the cab from the back to change a game (which requires moving the damn thing), all you have to do is leave the CP unhinged with the MVS facing out the front. I then keep it secured down with a couple of bull clips.

P9200278.jpg

Just after getting Aero Fighters 2 this afternoon. Had a bit of a spaz attack as it came in what looked to be a bootleg case. I opened it up and checked the PCBs which thankfully are original!

P9200274.jpg

P9200275.jpg

Some Last Blade goodness

P9200282.jpg

P9200285.jpg

P9200286.jpg

And finally, a pic of the MVS carts. My next purchase will be some new labels and shock boxes.

P9200280.jpg

Advertisement