Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fogs for my Golf???

Options
  • 31-08-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey, I have an 06 golf and was wondering if anyone knows how I would go about fitting front fog lights? And how much that might cost me? Cant seem to find any info on the net. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I think they are the same as the Passat, there some wiring system that needs to be played with. If you do a search in the motors part it should show up as it was only done recently. I think it said a cost of €300 -€500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

try ebay.ie Thats where i got my fogs for my mk4 golf. Its not too hard to wire them either but if your not sure on it get someone who knows how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Vain wrote: »
    try ebay.ie Thats where i got my fogs for my mk4 golf. Its not too hard to wire them either but if your not sure on it get someone who knows how to do it

I think it's alot easier on the mk4's etc. but on the mk5 it's a different ball game. That's if it's the same as the Passat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

there are issues with retro fitting anything that draws power on the MK5 golf,the ECUs don't like it,its actually pretty clever carry on by VW making sure you go to them for everything,mk5's arent my area of expertise so do your homework on it.

Also if its a diesel make sure you arent blocking the intercooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hella do a kit for the Mk5 Golf, it involves a remote controller that it stuck on the dash. only 2 wires to connect. problem is they don't turn off with the headlights. pretty much a remote control relay. To my knowledge, it doesn't affect the ECU.

Think it's called Optilux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im looking for a set of front fogs for my mk4. Its a petrol engine so there are no problems avoiding the intercooler or anything. Is it a straightforward job? Im fairly handy at DIY so im sure I could get them fitted.
    This is the set im looking at on ebay
    Set 1
    I would prefer to have them wired into the switch rather than have a seperate switch for them on the dash.

Will these ones work ok for what I want or are there better/cheaper ones to be got elsewhere?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You cant go wrong with hella!

Advertisement