Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs barking in Cherry Avenue

Options
  • 31-08-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Hi! I've recently moved in to the Cherry Avenue, River Valley area and I'm at the end of my tether. There's a fella who keeps greyhounds in sheds out his back and his dogs howl, whine, bark constantly all hours of the day and night. I can't be the only who's being driven demented by this, can I?

Does anyone else know where I'm talking about? Don't identify the chap.

How long has this been going on?

Has anyone tried to do anything about it?

What can be done? It's just intolerable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Best thing to do IMHO is to go and talk to the owner first.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hey mate, i live just down the road and never had a problem with him. lovely lovely guy, lived there as long as myself and pop in and say it to him or if you see him out walking the dogs (he spends a lot time with them walking so you will see him around). i have noticed theres a few other dogs out barking a fair bit that dont belong to him. he has a westie and a jackrussel but i think they belong to the family, not just him but they are noisy buggers. as i said, say it to him and let him know. its possible he might not be aware of how loud they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

yeah I suppose that's a good idea but what can he do about it any way? Dogs whine and bark and howl - that's what they do. He should rent some kennel space for them - it's a residential area after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

I'm in the same boat as you except living in Bremore in Balbriggan, there is a house that kind of backs on to ours and the 2 dogs constantly bark, mainly only bothers me during the night and all hours in the morning. Although they bark constantly during the day and evening as well.

Like you i can't believe we're the only ones being kept awake with this every single night and being woken at all hours of the morning.
    Surely the people who own the dogs wake up as well, but their bedrooms are at the front of the house so might not be too bothered.

I think it's extremely selfish of dog owners to leave them out all night knowing that they are keeping other people awake, especially in a residential area like Bremore.

I don't know what can be done either to be honest, i don't know what to do as i don't feel comfortable approaching the owners because i don't know them from Adam, and they might not be very nice if you get me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

i live not too far...the guy on the corner with the grey hounds is very approachable. he has had grehounds for years..i mean 20 years.

every second house has dogs so you would want to be really sure there his that are making all the noise.

its either talk to him or buy ear plugs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Soldiar

Hello, hear often dogs as well. I live in Newhaven Bay, so they are maybe the ones of Bremore. But think it's just one. Does anyone else hear this dog? Regards, Christian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brundlefly

a dose of weak laxitives should keep em quiet for a while ...they cant build up the back pressure to bark with out letting one go ....it causes the owner more stress cleaning up all the sh**e than it causes the poor lonely dog ...plus it will make the owner concerned enough about the dogs to give them the attention they are barking for .....most noisy dogs are just lonely and bored and when the only attention they get is the owner shouting out the back door to be quiet, the dog will think that that is the only way to get attention and the cycle continues .
    empihasis on the WEAK laxitives ....do not cause the dog discomfort!!!!

i share your pain on this one ...i have 2 beautiful red setters in the house behind me and all they do is bark all day and night looking for attention the garden is a smooth surface of mud and excrement ....have rang the ispca and told them of the conditions the dogs are living in and they said there wasnt much they could do !!!!

Advertisement