Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most romantic...

Options
  • 31-08-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I was just reading the thread on the worst dates/relationships etc.. and the thought struck me.. what was the most romantic thing that has ever been done for you?..after all they are not all that bad!!!

So spill ladies and lads... most romantic moments???..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 choclatecream

oh that questions quiet depressin lol
    but it wud be interseting to know what men think is ROMANTIC !!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

Come on chocolate cream.. there has to be some time when you were totally shocked as to how romantic the other species(lol) can be!!

Personally its the little things that make it all worth while.. back rubs when you go to bed at night... the time he bought tickets to see Dido for us even though he hated her but knew i'd love to go... txt messages to meet me for lunch the odd time...bringing me home a tub of ben & jerrys to share that night...just because he felt like it!!

Your right though.. any guys out there.. what do you find romantic???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

One time, my son calls a radio station and tells all that my wife died and i haven't had any sex with real girls for a long time, the little prick. So i intervened and said that it's all cool, i can handle it. Anyway, turns out lots of women felt pity for me and wanted me shag them senseless, nice one son...

So, anyhoos, one psycho actually finds out where i live and sends me a letter. My son reads it and replies pretending to be me! ha, he is a mischievous little bollox. He tells this stalker to meet me at the top of the empire state building on valentines day and then, somehow the cnut books a flight to NYC and i have no choice but to follow him.

Long story short, i met the stalker lady and we had a savage session one night, seriously, me mickey was in a jocker! And that was that, didn't see her again till years later, whereby i got mail, or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I had left home to cross the pond, making my big play for independence at age 18. Dated a bit, but nothing serious. Valentine's Day came and I was feeling lonely for friends left behind, and out of the blue a lad from Kerry wrote me a humourous poem. It was brilliant, funny, and romantic, making my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

on valentines gone this year my boyfriend managed to order a btl of the same champagne he had gotten me last year. along with the strawberrys dipped in chocolate and my flowers. but ya the same champagne as last year is what did it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mollybird wrote: »
    on valentines gone this year my boyfriend managed to order a btl of the same champagne he had gotten me last year. along with the strawberrys dipped in chocolate and my flowers. but ya the same champagne as last year is what did it for me.
    He probably had a bottle left over.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This thread is just proof that women prefer to bitch whenever possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

This thread is just proof that women prefer to bitch whenever possible!

Not really, it's just been done before, one example:

linky

No offence op, I think it's a lovely thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cathooo wrote: »
    Not really, it's just been done before, one example:

linky

No offence op, I think it's a lovely thread.

It's 3 pages long, the worst dates one is 53 - and reliably increasing all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's 3 pages long, the worst dates one is 53 - and reliably increasing all the time!!

There's plenty of other threads like it, there's another current one at the moment about why your OH is so great. Plus the bad dates one is very funny in parts where women are more laughing at their experiences than they are moaning about them.

Most people naturally moan rather than praise anyway, men and women alike. Look at the feedback threads, how many threads in there actually praise boards?

Anyway best get back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

He probably had a bottle left over.... ;)

my man doesn't work like that i'm afraid.:D he has never come up with something that wasn't original. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Drink + side of a skip in an alley + drunk girl + romantic flicker of dodgy street light = romantic evening :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'm reallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy trying to remember

i guess a while ago when i lost my wallet i was brought into fendi and told to pick out a nice one-that was cute! I'm trying to think of something that just romantic and not expensive.

I found a lovely bottle of wine ages ago in o briends and was heartbroken when i went back to get more and it was finished. The guy i was seeing rang every o briens in the country and found 3 bottles in o briens in ballybrack and presented them to me a few days later-i was fairly chuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

well, my fella is not one for romance really. So when he did this i was not only shocked but very pleasently surprised that he managed to organise anything by himself (really i knew nothing about it).

While we lived in UK, he took it upon himself to organise a baby sitter for 2 days (no kids yippe thats good enough for me). Then he booked a room in a very sweet B&B in Brighton which had a private courtyard AND a HOTTUB. Oh my god, i couldnt believe it lol. Not only that but it came with a champane breakfast. I have to say that was the best romantic gesture ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 amom

my OH bought me a star for my birthday! i have the certificate in a frame and the co- ordinates and everything thats pretty romantic i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

amom wrote: »
    my OH bought me a star for my birthday! i have the certificate in a frame and the co- ordinates and everything thats pretty romantic i think!

most of these thread atm makes me want to puke , but that is the cutest thing evvvvvverr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Can't think of a single romantic gesture... Ummmm.. Oh! A guy took me on a carriage ride of Vienna. Almost doesn't count because I had just met him and he WAS the carriage driver, but he didn't charge me for it and afterwards he took me for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Last "boyfriend" kept sending flowers to my house, after we'd broken up. That's usually considered romantic.

One before him was lovely, he's a poet :) he sang to me a few times and wrote me a couple of poems.

I'm not really one for mad romantic gestures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 citeal

oh I've loads of examples... flowers delivered to work, songs written, whisked off to the opera one night, love letters - I think guys are VERY romantic actually and get a bad press in this country.

But my favourite was with my last boyfriend, I was moaning about being broke for the last week of the month... he dropped me in a packed lunch every day on his way to work. I never ate so well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

An ex had written a poem for me known I love poetry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I think mine was for my birthday two years ago, my boyfriend made me a beautiful "card". It was a folder of paintings he had painted of me and a beautiful letter that was written across the four or five paintings.

It was such a romantic and beautiful thing to receive and has to be both my all time favourite present and most romantic thing ever done for me. He had also pressed a number of rose petals into the folder so the smell when opened was heavenly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Oh OH Oh , just thought of one, my ex wrote me a song and recorded for me , he was into deathmetal how rosemantic!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

For me its the small things. One particular ex used to write me letters, and leave them so I would find them. I loved that. I love being brought small things that I like, my fave drink or magazine for example.

One ex brought me to Paris before that was pretty romantic. :D

I have 2 packets of magic beans at home i'm trying to sell.
    Can you please forward me your OH's contact details please?
    They're the best brand on the market; SuckerBeans™ .

aw you know what jack? i already have a beanstalk so i'm good for that thanks though!!

its a really cool present and possibly the most unusual thing you can give to someone but really appreciate your comment!:D

I think mine was for my birthday two years ago, my boyfriend made me a beautiful "card". It was a folder of paintings he had painted of me and a beautiful letter that was written across the four or five paintings.

It was such a romantic and beautiful thing to receive and has to be both my all time favourite present and most romantic thing ever done for me. He had also pressed a number of rose petals into the folder so the smell when opened was heavenly. :)

that is REALLY lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

I've been to the most romantic 2nd date ever. I was taken up to the probably most fabulous, scenic and very empty place in north Dublin, there was food, beer (i hate wine!) dessert, he had brought music and a blanket, even real knives and forks! I had to say it was beautiful. Oh, and candles, even tho it was day time and quite damp, haha...

Well, it didn't last, he turned out to be one of those, eh, you know, b*stards, but hey, that thing he did there? Pantheon of my most romantic things I've ever been treated to.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

tinkletoes wrote: »
    An ex had written a poem for me known I love poetry:)

Oh tinkletoes ,oh tinkletoes, I'm sorry you're an ex
    You could still be current ,honey, but you wouldn't give me sex
    As cold as ice and frigid,you ignored my raging bell
    So now you're dumped and single and resort to "post and tell".

:rolleyes:

citeal wrote: »
    oh I've loads of examples... flowers delivered to work, songs written, whisked off to the opera one night, love letters - I think guys are VERY romantic actually and get a bad press in this country.

But my favourite was with my last boyfriend, I was moaning about being broke for the last week of the month... he dropped me in a packed lunch every day on his way to work. I never ate so well.

You live in a parallel and directly opposite universe to me.
    The most romantic thing any man (excluding Daddy) had ever done for me, was ruin my chances on Valentines by fobbing off his wanted chintz on me, in front of my the then apple of my eye.

Where is HG Wells when you need him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

He brings me chocolate and drinks without asking cos he thinks I might want them. That's my kind of romance!

Advertisement