Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike - Help me please

Options
  • 31-08-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Its been years since I've cycled. I was a small child and I was bad at it. I'm 25 now, and yesterday I bought myself a ladies mountain bike.

I need a little bit of help and advice.

I bought the smallest frame, and I've got the sadle on the smallest setting and I find its still a bit big for me. My feet don't lie flat on the ground at all when I'm stop.

Are there any kind of adjustments i can make to lower the bike and sadle. Or are different sized wheels available in shops.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 john77

Do you want both of your feet to be flat on the ground when you're sitting on the saddle? Cos this would mean that your saddle is so low that you'd be putting too much strain on your knees when cycling. You should be aiming for a saddle height that results in your knees being slightly bent when the pedals are closest to the ground. When you need to stop you should just come off the saddle to put your foot/feet down.

Advertisement