Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former Irish Army Rangers set up 'Easter Hill Security Ltd'.

• 31-08-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

http://easterhillsecurity.com/index.html

Found this due to an article in today's Sunday World.Says a lot about the professionalism of ARW personnel,with the main man involved having 22 years of service with the Wing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I'll let Barrack O'Bama (s/p) know about these guys :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I'll let Barrack O'Bama (s/p) know about these guys :cool:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

eroo wrote: »
    http://easterhillsecurity.com/index.html

Found this due to an article in today's Sunday World.Says a lot about the professionalism of ARW personnel,with the main man involved having 22 years of service with the Wing.

What was in the paper about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I thought it was pretty standard procedure for ex special forces to do security work. Fair play to them for starting up their own business though.

kowloon wrote: »
    What was in the paper about them?

2 page spread about the company.They interviewed the main man behind it,and then gave a description of the courses,as well as briefly stating the experience of the personnel.i.e w/ ARW in East Timor,Lebanon,Liberia,and also mentioning his year and a half with private security firm in Iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Theire is a company in Waterford heaed up by 2 ex-wing guys. They run about half a dozen differnat types of company from paintball to security/bodyguard stuff. The paintball bit is Elite Paint ball as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i sent them an email to find out about there close protection courses and got a message back saying he,s after giving up

i sent them an email to find out about there close protection courses and got a message back saying he,s after giving up

What?

What?
    yep!!! go to the website and try mailing the email link and you,ll recieve a failed recipient message back saying i,ve given up sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

thats the email message program telling you it has given up trying to delivery the email...

• Advertisement

Nuttzz wrote: »
    thats the email message program telling you it has given up trying to delivery the email...

Thought as much!!

Nuttzz wrote: »
    lol my bad lol ye got a email earlier about the close protection course it costs 3000 grand to do for 14 days includes acommadation and rations not bad and its fully certified and backed by the private security authority and nsai

lol my bad lol ye got a email earlier about the close protection course it costs 3000 grand to do for 14 days includes acommadation and rations not bad and its fully certified and backed by the private security authority and nsai
    Fairly steep but I'd imagine you could easily get work in this country.

Fairly steep but I'd imagine you could easily get work in this country.
    definately i,d imagine??? but if not there,s always work out foreign where you can actually get to put the training to use

definately i,d imagine??? but if not there,s always work out foreign where you can actually get to put the training to use

Is that a good thing in Iraq or Afghanistan!?:D

Is that a good thing in Iraq or Afghanistan!?:D
    well if your mad in the head then ye it would be lol then again if you managed to get a job protecting someone famous that would be good

well if your mad in the head then ye it would be lol then again if you managed to get a job protecting someone famous that would be good

I'd imagine there would be a fair amount of work what with dissident republicans reemerging as a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It appears there are some builders going around Dublin with close protection.

Victor wrote: »
    It appears there are some builders going around Dublin with close protection.
    whys that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah mercenries.ie arn't we proud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

whys that???
    Well if you owed as much money as some builders / developers do, there might be people that would be angry with you.

Advertisement