Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems with NTL BB in Dublin today ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Mine finally ground to a halt about an hour ago, before that it was struggling. Now it's kaput so i'm on el neighbours wireless...
    :confused:
    I'm in Waterford btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciscokidder

Does the neighbour know ?

:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Connection has gone in Galway (About an hour ago)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's back here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Been down for a few hours here in Dublin 9, but some sites slowly coming back.

One of the Google IPs (74.125.39.104) working, others aren't. boards.ie back, last.fm working, gmail working, snappieT.com working. Otherwise everything is dead.

Edit: Right as I type this, everything seems to be back. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Back for me too - Dublin 7 area. Got home around 22:00 and it was completely dead - some things still seem sluggish but it's improving by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Back for me now. Alot of .ie sites wouldn't load at first but they seem to be back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im on my neighbors wireless too(sound neighbors), its gone, gonna try my wired network now, fingers crossed they fixed it.

<edit> up and running again </edit>

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mine is back on here in Waterford also

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Mine is back up too, and it's faster too. :) I was due an upgrade I think, I was on 2Mb now it looks like 6Mb.

Silver lining I suppose. If only they didn't have to break my connection for 2 hours to do it (or at least warn me beforehand!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Seems fine here now too, just tested at around 18Mbit/s down and 1.3Mbit/s up. Wonder what happened? Obviously fairly major, good to know they had the resources to get it sorted on a Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Swords is not back yet.

Edited at 2332 GMT, I'm back online and with good speed too.

speedtest.magnet.ie claims I have Download Speed: 18610 kbps (2326.3 KB/sec transfer rate) and Upload Speed: 1445 kbps (180.6 KB/sec transfer rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It was caused by a fibre cut lol! (i had to ring them for work..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 symantic23

hey, back up to full speed now in d 13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

tk123 wrote: »
    It was caused by a fibre cut lol! (i had to ring them for work..)

Ouch!!! Somebodies going to get a nice bill for that. :D Must get the low down tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Fibre strike in the Inchicore/Clondalkin area. It's affected a bunch of carriers. There's a crew out re-splicing fibres atm, should be finished within the hour apparently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Was out over here in D15 and most of D15 from what I heard. Back up and running again..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I take it the phone service is run seperately snce that didnt go down?

I was havign a skype conversation when it went down, but that stayed active not havign internet acess. When I reset everything (obviously ending the skype call at that stage) it signed me into skype again but it wouldnt show me who was online. My cousin that I was talking to on skype at the time is on NTL too so it was a bit odd when we both lost internet but were able to continue talkignon skype.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was gone yesterday evening here in D15, completely. Phone service was working fine as was digital and analogue TV.

Rebooted the cable modem a few times and all lights were on, so I guess the connection to UPC's network was fine, but their connection to the internet was down.

I had to reboot this morning before mine connected again, did everyone else have to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was down in D17 last night and in the middle of downloading:mad:

Connection there but no connection to the net:rolleyes:

Have not checked this morning is is back up in D17?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

Thanks to everyone for all the updates, I tried to add my comments last night, but as I hit "Submit" on my post, my connection died for the night... lol

Glad to hear things are back, will check out my BB when I get home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Back in D7 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

just rang them and they said they had problems last night

Advised to reboot modem and problem should be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I had issues that seemed to be DNS based last night.

just rang them and they said they had problems last night

Advised to reboot modem and problem should be sorted

Hmm... no reboot required for me ... sounds like something they are told to tell all customers (probably some strange psychology behind it ... let the customer think that rebooting it could have fixed the problem so they feel like it wasn't entirely our problem ... or maybe I'm just paranoid)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I had issues that seemed to be DNS based last night.

I think that was the issue for everybody. It appears to be connected, Sync & ready light up and it was recieving a dns address and alternative dns so I noticed in my router. But still it was getting no connection it was very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Don't think it was a fibre cut that caused the fault(diversity would of solved that problem) more a a problem with the DNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Mine went down last night too, about 8.30. My phone went down also though (Rathcoole area). I tried to make a phone call and a lovely automated voice told me there was a technical problem. All seems well this morning though, speeds back to normal.

Speeds are cr*p this evening though, sigh.

Is it my imagination or has the network gone scatty since the last round of upgrades? I was getting a great service on my 3, then 6, line - but since its gone up to 10 its very unreliable :(

IsThatSo?

• Advertisement

Down in D7 ?

Advertisement