Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercing

Options
  • 31-08-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey,I was thinking of getting my eyebrow done.But I work nights in a cocktail bar which I wouldn't think is face piercing friendly..so would there be any possible way I could take it out a day or do after getting pierced?Or do I need it in for a few weeks?:confused:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'd need it in for more than a few weeks I'd imagine. If you took it out a few days after it was done it'd close up almost straight away, not to mention that you're not supposed to be messing with the jewellery in a brand new piercing, you're supposed to leave it be until it's fully healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i'd be leaving it in for a minimum of two months tbh.

you might get away with sticking a plaster over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Diarmey

I doubt ill get away with a bandage for two months,thnaks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mention it to your bosses, ask them if there would be a problem with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

A clear plastic retainer, or a clear glass retainer will do the trick.

Make sure it is curved as not to agitate the piercing.
    Can be found on various website...

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=2132

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still not a good idea to go trying to swap out the jewellery in a fresh piercing tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Better than taking it out for ages then trying to force it back in.
    Maybe even get the piercer to pierce it using the would be glass retainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭6328

I had to leave mine in for 3 months minimum, but if you go back to the piercer after 2 weeks, they will put a clear bar in for you, and small balls. That way it wont be noticed.
    Or just buy a small skintone plaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Diarmey wrote: »
    Hey,I was thinking of getting my eyebrow done.But I work nights in a cocktail bar which I wouldn't think is face piercing friendly..so would there be any possible way I could take it out a day or do after getting pierced?Or do I need it in for a few weeks?:confused:

No it would close up plus taking it out all the time isn't a good idea it could get infected ... mine did and i looked after it so well i just had to leave it out in the end. have a scar from it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

I would not recommend this, as it is what I done and my eyebrow peircing rejected:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement