Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT mega slow last couple of days!! Anyone else?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Try doing a WHOIS look-up at: http://www.dnsstuff.com

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Interesting

remarks: Esat Net is now part of BT Ireland.
    remarks: Esat Net is the trading name for EUnet Ireland Ltd.
    remarks: Also formally known as IEUnet Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I've given up guessing which IP range is best. If my internet appears to be slow I check my pings to boards, anything above 30ms and I reconnect and test until pings drop back to sub 30ms.
    Far from ideal but the 2 times I tried calling BT I couldn't get through as it was between 7-9 when I guess they get a lot of calls so I'll just continue 'fixing' it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Dire last night on the 78.x.x.x range.
    Not much point leaving BT if they are telling us Eircom customers are having the same issues. Just hope it does not stay like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm on IP 212, speed at present is 706kbps on 3MB, doesn't look like this problem is gettting fixed anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

im having the same problem, and im with perlico. The connection is up and down like a yoyo. just going to sit it out and wait for eircom to fix this mess they have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

hey all..

Im not happy with BT either..high pings(but thats all--great service otherwise)

so i switched to Eircom(not kicked in for another week or so...

I dont see any complaints about eircom anywhere on boards.ie !!!!

anyone?

m.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

Funny I was just saying the same thing to a mate of mine earlier today - weird isnt it! The only thing I can think of (which I very much doubt) is that there arent as many of them on over 3mb lines as there are on ESAT? I would love to know though for sure...

Update from ESAT is that they still dont know whats causing it but they are trying to fix it and even though its a Nationwide problem its not affecting all of their customers.

mattman wrote: »
    Maybe theres not too many Eircom users here on the boards.

Speeds for me from 12pm today to present have gone back to normal :D , so they're doing something (good job BT :)), hopefully it stays this way.

Speedtests & transfer rates from 12pm today:

Speedtests: 2600kbps - 2800kbps
    Transfer: 300kbps +
    Ping: 35 - 64ms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

My dsl line has gone downhill somewhat the week i've had it. Started off with download speeds of 10mbit and now i'm getting 3mbit so i guess i'm in the same boat as everyone else.

My upload is perfect however, getting the full 1mbit. Ah it's still a little better than what i had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    My upload is perfect however, getting the full 1mbit. Ah it's still a little better than what i had.

..not if you are a gamer and use XBL - its impossible to play online with these pings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Sar! wrote: »
    Update from ESAT is that they still dont know whats causing it but they are trying to fix it and even though its a Nationwide problem its not affecting all of their customers.
    Or most customers aren't as attuned to bad pings and slow download speeds etc. and therefore haven't complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Daemonic wrote: »
    Or most customers aren't as atuned to bad pings and slow download speeds etc. and therefore haven't complained.

Yep that's more the case.

I spoke too soon :(, my speeds have dropped to under 1MB, current speed is 458kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

FIXED?????

325577821.png

Im on BT 3Meg

325578735.png

325578227.png

325579299.png

I'm back up again so something has been going on. (3MB BT)

325601230.png

2 hours on and still ok

325644007.png

+ 2 hours again

325677345.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Good up to 12 last night. Dire after.

Still good here

325787434.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Getting 2.6mbit still. Connected at 13mbit. Upload still fine.

Still looking good here with my 3MB :)

325882138.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Are you on the same ip address each time you check? Disconnect your modem/router get a new ip address and then check it again and see if its still good, or for those of you with bad rates try the same to get better ones. Mine has been messed up too but if i keep changing ip i eventually get a solid one that works.

Axwell wrote: »
    Are you on the same ip address each time you check?
    No, getting more or less the same results on various IP's (78 - 193 - 213)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Mine seems to be ok now but my top line speed alternates between 6.6meg and 5.4 when i log on which is a bit odd (8meg line)

Still ok here

326017408.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

326032612.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mattman wrote: »
    bad move mattman, there's plenty of posts in this thread a few pages back saying that eircom users are in the same boat so i doubt you'll be any different switching and when the problem does eventually get fixed you're going to be worse off with eircom than BT. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

On 3 MB deal with BT:

326323860.png

Last week I'd still get decent speeds at one or two in the morning, or before five in the afternoon, but now it's consistently this bad.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

just came back from the hollydays--- pings are just terrible !!
    ping to bt dns server (194.125.2.241 )-- 50-55 ms ( 12-15 ms 2 weeks ago)
    i am with option 3 broadband ( still 3072/384 btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

mine seems to be improving a little bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Mine is acting up again :(

really really slow, had to switch off/switch off my router to get anyway decent speeds.

Advertisement