Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork, three fights on Pana at the same time.

Options
  • 31-08-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I was walking home last night around half two and I noticed that there were three separate fights happening on Patrick street simultaneously. The cops were, obviously, all over the place fairly quickly.

Has anyone noticed an increase in aggression or violence in Cork lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's those bloody rebels for you. In Dublin we're civilised enough to all join in on the one fight

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Dam I missed them, did you manage to lay a bet on a winner? Bloody night-time entertainment is great in Cork... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

If anything there's been a decrease in the violence. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago when there was that long run of people getting hospitalised after getting jumped. Mostly around Grand Parade and Henrys, goat broke loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Well thank god they are all gone now so no more fights!

Can't say i've noticed any decrease in the violence just the quality of it isn't as good anymore.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Tony Seda and his mobsters are responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No increase from what I've seen. Just the occasional handbags stuff as a club is closing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I hadnt seen an actual fight in several years in town at night but then at half 2 on thursday night i was standing in front of the bench by mcdonalds in daunt square when some one ran jumped and shouldered me from behind. I was knocked over the bench and whacked my head of the ground. I never even saw who it was. Apparently it was some 18 yr old guy from togher but no one knew his name / didnt want to say his name. I had a blood nose which along with my lip is still swollen. Completely random. I always felt so long as you were, sensible, didnt drink too much and minded your own business you were ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah I always thought so too.

I don't go into town at night too often to be honest but one night I was in Burger King after a night out and there was a fight outside the door by the time I had gotten my food. It seemed to be larger than any other fight I'd seen in town and then one of the "participants" just slammed his foot down onto this guys head as he lay on the ground. It disgusted me and the bouncers seemed helpless cos they were well outnumbered.

The only place you can be safe is inside a place and up by a wall so no one can come from behind.

Advertisement