Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk4 golf lock nuts in kerry or cork? Anyone know a place

Options
  • 31-08-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Need lock nuts for my alloys. Anyone know a place in Kerry or Cork. Iv tried halfords but all there keys the same which seems pointless to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have you priced them with a main dealer? Give Newmarket Motors a call and see what price they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

See i was thinking a dealer would have to order them in and i need them asap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They should be able to get them the next day if you order them early in the day. They may even have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Vain wrote: »
    Need lock nuts for my alloys. Anyone know a place in Kerry or Cork. Iv tried halfords but all there keys the same which seems pointless to me
    Keys might look the same, but there are loads of combinations, so chance of seeing two sets with same actual key are very slim.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Newcastle west have a VW dealer. best off trying them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

The vw OEM spindle lock nuts are the ones to go for it grips on all of the nut not just parts of it like the way some of them are designed. Well so the guy in the tyre center told me last year :p when I was getting new rubber. He had a guy in with a volvo s60 at the same time and about 3 lads were trying for about 30 mins to get one of the wheels off as the lock nut had bonded to the hub. They couldnt force it or use the compressor for fear of rounding his particular type of lock nut, cue lots of swearing. :D They eventually got it off and the owner replaced it for the ordinary wheel nut.

Advertisement