Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall (2008/2009)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭macgowan

When is the actual deadline for paying deposits?

I still haven't received any forms and I can't find anything about deadlines on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

21 days after being offered a place - not sure if thats a place on the provisional list or an official letter though

im on the provo list and paid my deposit yesterday. still waiting for this confirmation letter

on a different note:
    i applied for a single modern room - im on the provo list so that that mean more than likely that i got the single room?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Can we have less of the "provo" and text-speak, dears. You're in Trinity now; internet or no internet, sloppy writing is unacceptable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Pet wrote: »
    Can we have less of the "provo" and text-speak, dears. You're in Trinity now; internet or no internet, sloppy writing is unacceptable.
    There is a forum for people like us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

What's all this talk of deposits? My I.D number was on the provisonal list but I have yet to receive any offers of a place in the halls or anything like that. Does this mean I am not getting a room? Have all the other first years got their formal offer letters and all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I haven't gotten my offer but I was able to pay.
    I just went onto the link, (https://tcdlocalportal.tcd.ie/pls/deposits/olp_pub.oldep.get_stud_no) typed in my info and was brought to a page telling me my name, my room/apartment number and a proceed button.

Although, originally, it wouldn't let me pay. I'd say they're still adding numbers to the system and until they add yours you can't pay. But yeah, give it a try and lemme know what room you're in so I can steal your toaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

raah! wrote: »
    What's all this talk of deposits? My I.D number was on the provisonal list but I have yet to receive any offers of a place in the halls or anything like that. Does this mean I am not getting a room? Have all the other first years got their formal offer letters and all that?

Once you are on the provisional list, you are offered a place. And you are sure to receive a letter. I got my letter today. All it said to do is to

1. pay deposit online https://tcdlocalportal.tcd.ie/pls/deposits/olp_pub.oldep.get_stud_no
    2. email emcelroy@tcd.ie putting your name on the subject line and indicating if you accept or reject the offer, and including your CAO number
    3. Sign and return the acceptance form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shmoo

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    You may have got a twin room in the Modern Accommodation, meaning the price is actually less than Cunningham.
    Would it say that I have a twin room on the page where you can see your room number and pay the deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭YogiBoy

Shmoo wrote: »
    I really need to know for sure if this is modern or cunningham.
    The letter tells you what kind of room it is and who you are sharing with.
    When you log on to pay the deposit, it tells you your room number, but it doesn't say if it is sharing or single.
    However you can find the room number (before paying), and then
    1) somebody here from last year might be able to tell you what kind of room it is...
    2) or better, just phone up and ask on Monday.
    That said, even if single, the demand for singles is high... it is easier to get sharing rooms. If it were ever to be single, I'd imagine it'd be very likely you could find someone in a double that wants to switch out.
    (That consideration in turn makes it less likely that they they give you a dear single).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shmoo

YogiBoy wrote: »
    The letter tells you what kind of room it is and who you are sharing with.
    When you log on to pay the deposit, it tells you your room number, but it doesn't say if it is sharing or single.
    However you can find the room number (before paying), and then
    1) somebody here from last year might be able to tell you what kind of room it is...
    2) or better, just phone up and ask on Monday.
    That said, even if single, the demand for singles is high... it is easier to get sharing rooms. If it were ever to be single, I'd imagine it'd be very likely you could find someone in a double that wants to switch out.
    (That consideration in turn makes it less likely that they they give you a dear single).
    Thanks for the info. In fact I prefer a single room even if it's way more expensive. I have found this old list of room allocations : http://www.tcd.ie/Junior_Dean/rooms/Allocated06-07.htm
    My room is listed as TENSI so I guess it's single unless they changed the rooms or the numbering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

Isn't tomorrow Saturday?

Not that I mean to anyway imply that you or the lady in the accomodation office missed the fact, but for most people it will probably be monday.

Today was Saturday. Yes. And it will probably be Monday. We used to have postal services on Saturdays in the sunny South-East. >.>

I shall wait patiently for the post on Monday. Hopefully I get a room in the Modern building since I'm actually willing to pay that ridiculous price.

Also how long is this deposit for? I know it's until you move out or something, but like the term or stay is what I'm wondering about.
    Jimdw wrote: »
    Once you are on the provisional list, you are offered a place. And you are sure to receive a letter. I got my letter today. All it said to do is to

1. pay deposit online https://tcdlocalportal.tcd.ie/pls/deposits/olp_pub.oldep.get_stud_no
    2. email emcelroy@tcd.ie putting your name on the subject line and indicating if you accept or reject the offer, and including your CAO number
    3. Sign and return the acceptance form

You got it yesterday? Blah. >.>

Does anyone know what the confirmation e-mail after you've paid your deposit is like? I paid my deposit recently but I must have forgotten to enter my e-mail address as it just said "confirmatino e-mail has been sent to *blank*"

I am worried that it is one of those ones where you have to click a link to finish the payment. If that's the case I've made a big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I paid a while back and I still haven't received a confirmation email so I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I'm sure when we receive out letters it'll explain more. I doubt it is a click a link to finish a payment as I'm sure the payment has already gone through. I doubt they'd wait that long to take your money tbh. :p

heh, well that's grand then. Hopefully we will get our offer-letters tomorrow.

raah! wrote: »
    heh, well that's grand then. Hopefully we will get our offer-letters tomorrow.

There's not a click link in email. It just tells you that you paid €250.

i got my confirmation letter today
    bout fecking time but its ok cos i got my single ensuite!!!!!!!!!!YEOWW!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

quirkster wrote: »
    i got my confirmation letter today
    bout fecking time but its ok cos i got my single ensuite!!!!!!!!!!YEOWW!!!!!!

I'd say most of us did.

What's your room number?

-evil grin-

between 80 and 90..whats yours

Does anyone know if we need to bring anything specific for the 26th when we go in for the orientation days. My mom is convinced that the beds don't have blankets on them and I'll have to bring my own. I told her she was off her face , but she says that they would have to alternate the blankets after washing them if they had their own, which would mean you'd get different blankets and shniz each time. Makes sense I guess.

My room is 79.1.08 (really I'm only putting this here to spite all those fellows who say "oooooh don't put your room number there, some fellow will rape you. I don't even care, I'll wrestle him and break his arms off.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yes! You have to bring all your own blankets. I'm not sure what the story is with kitchen equipment in Cunningham, but I'm reasonably sure that you'll have to bring that stuff, too.

Halls admin should really make that a bit clearer...

• Advertisement

How many percent of students would you say in T Hall will be from outside of Dublin? 90%, 80%, 75% --->

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Jimdw wrote: »
    How many percent of students would you say in T Hall will be from outside of Dublin? 90%, 80%, 75% --->

A very high percentage i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

jmccrohan wrote: »
    A very high percentage i'd say.

And how many from outside Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Baza210 wrote: »

Nearly everyone who's starting Trinity who's from abroad...and then the second, and some third year international students, and a few erasmus. So quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nearly everyone who's starting Trinity who's from abroad...and then the second, and some third year international students, and a few erasmus. So quite a few.
    Somewhere between 10 and 15% I'd reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

Baza210 wrote: »

this is the rough breakdown for room allocations in Halls, cant remember the figure off the top of my head of how many applied this year. there were a lot tho!
    junior fresh 480 (havnt got the exact figure for this year yet but its slightly more)
    senior fresh 200 (though that number has come down this year allowing for more freshers)
    junior soph 50
    senior soph 40
    socrates 50
    international 110
    postgrads 62
    schemes etc 16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

So, 10.9% are international. That was a pretty good estimate if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

So, 10.9% are international. That was a pretty good estimate if I do say so myself.

:rolleyes:

Give us a shout if you need any help patting yourself on the back.

this is the rough breakdown for room allocations in Halls, cant remember the figure off the top of my head of how many applied this year. there were a lot tho!
    junior fresh 480 (havnt got the exact figure for this year yet but its slightly more)
    senior fresh 200 (though that number has come down this year allowing for more freshers)
    junior soph 50
    senior soph 40
    socrates 50
    international 110
    postgrads 62
    schemes etc 16

How many will there be from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭YogiBoy

So, 10.9% are international.
    Total rubbish... it is far higher. Of the figures given by Mizz Yelof, they sum to just over 1000, ie the full hall. But a fair number of the students in JF, SF etc will also be from outside Ireland. You could sample the number of non Irish looking people you see in the TH photo albums (or check their names out) and that will aleady give you a far higher estimate.

Advertisement