Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall (2008/2009)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

quirkster wrote: »
    between 80 and 90..whats yours

Well I'll narrow the range further.

Between 85-90.

I'll steal your blanket if I'm ever in need of another >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

haha how bout between 86 and 89?
    eh no ill be keeping all my windows nice and tightly locked

haha how bout between 86 and 89?
    eh no ill be keeping all my windows nice and tightly locked

Sure, I'll make it between those.

Even between 87-88.

Only if you will do the same.

And locking windows won't help. Trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

Even between 87-88.

Only if you will do the same.

And locking windows won't help. Trust me.

So what you are saying is that 12-13 percent of students in Trinity Hall will be from Dublin? That would make 120-130 students out of 1,000 from Dublin right?

Even between 87-88.

yup im one of those...but which one.....muahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

• Advertisement

yup im one of those...but which one.....muahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

Well if you clear my doubts about your gender, I'll tell you which one.

haha i thought my posts were masculine enough for u to know...

Of course.
    Hence the word "doubts".

Hopefully you're not in 88. >.>

haha hopefully YOUR not in 88

i cant make up my mind as to what gender you are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭macgowan

Jaysus... get a room, people...

Or maybe that's what you're doing.

• Advertisement

macgowan wrote: »
    Jaysus... get a room, people...

Or maybe that's what you're doing.

:eek:

>.>

Quirk, let's make this privater maybe

<.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭macgowan

:eek:

>.>

Quirk, let's make this privater maybe

<.<

Steady on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 melekh88

hi guys, its great too see so many people talking about halls at the moment and that most of ye seem to be very excited about going to halls. My name is Hans and I am the Techincal Office in Trinity Halls on the Student Union body kind of thing call the JCR. We will be taking care of ye just the freshers weekend when ye come in. Anyone who hasn't got a letter don't worry just get online and pay at https://tcdlocalportal.tcd.ie/pls/olp/olp_pub.olp.get_stud_no our else ye might be faceing a fine which aint good news. Don't forget clothes hangers and towels because everyone does and another thing is that you can't us the internet in your rooms till ye are regesteried in college. you will also need a network cable for the interent in your room. If your in cumminham house though you have wireless internet so not cable needed. If your laptop/desktop running on windows you need XP Pro or Vista, XP Home or anything before that will not work. Anyway been yourselfs and get lots of sleep before ye come up and if ye have any problems juring freshers week (especial setting up your computer) just try and find me or any other members of the JCR, we will all be wearing red hoodies with JCR wrote on the back, and I am the office with long blond hair and glasses. Hoep ye all got Halls and what ye wanted. Check out the JCR website at www.tcdhalls.com we are redoing it at the moment, talk to ye soon

• Registered Users Posts: 35 billykwok

hey how long did it take for halls to get back to u guys? (and in what form? e.g. e-mail/letter/phonecall) ive submitted my application 4 days ago still no news?!

billykwok wrote: »
    hey how long did it take for halls to get back to u guys? (and in what form? e.g. e-mail/letter/phonecall) ive submitted my application 4 days ago still no news?!

you mean you just sent in a application for a room in halls 4 days ago for a room? to be honest I dont think you will here back from them. Demand for Halls is so high. 95 percent of the places will ave been filled by now with the first round offers of halls like. Because we can move in as of friday week I think. You will get an e-mail normal and then a letter a few days later if you get a room. If you dont get a room you wont be hearing from that at all just because of the sheer volume of applications they get. Are you stuck for accomadation in dublin or something? where you live has a great bearing on if you get halls or not because if your living in the greater dublin area or near it then you dont have a big change of getting it at all so be honest. Sorry to be so negative about it all. The accomadation office in halls phone number is 01-4971772 you can give them a call if it helps like. Also if your stuck for accomadation then you can get in contact with the TCDSU (trinity college dublin student union) and they can help you find accomadation. The TCDSU house number is 01- 646 8431 and the welfare officers office number is 6468 437 they might be helpful like. Hoep this helps.

melekh88 wrote: »
    you mean you just sent in a application for a room in halls 4 days ago for a room? to be honest I dont think you will here back from them. Demand for Halls is so high. 95 percent of the places will ave been filled by now with the first round offers of halls like. Because we can move in as of friday week I think. You will get an e-mail normal and then a letter a few days later if you get a room. If you dont get a room you wont be hearing from that at all just because of the sheer volume of applications they get. Are you stuck for accomadation in dublin or something? where you live has a great bearing on if you get halls or not because if your living in the greater dublin area or near it then you dont have a big change of getting it at all so be honest. Sorry to be so negative about it all. The accomadation office in halls phone number is 01-4971772 you can give them a call if it helps like. Also if your stuck for accomadation then you can get in contact with the TCDSU (trinity college dublin student union) and they can help you find accomadation. The TCDSU house number is 01- 646 8431 and the welfare officers office number is 6468 437 they might be helpful like. Hoep this helps.

really? no its okay thats really helpful... i kinda do need a room cuz i have like.. no where to live in dublin.. plus this is my first time in the city and i dont know anyone there... i'll give it one mroe day then phone them see whats up.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

really? no its okay thats really helpful... i kinda do need a room cuz i have like.. no where to live in dublin.. plus this is my first time in the city and i dont know anyone there... i'll give it one mroe day then phone them see whats up.. :)

Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will get a room. Did you get a first round offer? If so it is highly unlikely you will hear anything, and it was rather foolish of you to leave it so late in applying. And being away or whatever is not really an excuse you know that college is starting and that there will be rooms apps etc.

Lots of freshers come to dublin for the first time and do not secure on colelge accomodation. If I were you I'd ring the accomodation advisory service and get onto DAFT asap.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will get a room. Did you get a first round offer? If so it is highly unlikely you will hear anything, and it was rather foolish of you to leave it so late in applying. And being away or whatever is not really an excuse you know that college is starting and that there will be rooms apps etc.

Lots of freshers come to dublin for the first time and do not secure on colelge accomodation. If I were you I'd ring the accomodation advisory service and get onto DAFT asap.

yea thats a good point man, i gave him all the numbers already like but its a good point i dont really think people know how hard it is to find a place too live in dublin. Its so tuff to find somewhere, and somewhere nice is even harder lol you should have applied straight away when you expected your cao offer like. You are looking at a very few tuff weeks if you don't fins somewhere quick like billykwok, college starts in less then 2weeks like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bilboa88

raah! wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to bring anything specific for the 26th when we go in for the orientation days. My mom is convinced that the beds don't have blankets on them and I'll have to bring my own. I told her she was off her face , but she says that they would have to alternate the blankets after washing them if they had their own, which would mean you'd get different blankets and shniz each time. Makes sense I guess.

My room is 79.1.08 (really I'm only putting this here to spite all those fellows who say "oooooh don't put your room number there, some fellow will rape you. I don't even care, I'll wrestle him and break his arms off.)

This may be useful : http://www.tcd.ie/accommodationandcatering/PDF/Thall%20Inventory.pdf
    Not sure how up-to-date it is though.

raah! wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to bring anything specific for the 26th when we go in for the orientation days. My mom is convinced that the beds don't have blankets on them and I'll have to bring my own. I told her she was off her face , but she says that they would have to alternate the blankets after washing them if they had their own, which would mean you'd get different blankets and shniz each time. Makes sense I guess.

My room is 79.1.08 (really I'm only putting this here to spite all those fellows who say "oooooh don't put your room number there, some fellow will rape you. I don't even care, I'll wrestle him and break his arms off.)

hi raah yea you need all our own cushions and blankets and stuff like that. There are bed covers on your bed but there not great like I advise bring your own. Then of course bring all your own stuff that you want with you in dublin. Freshers week you will spend alot of money to I advise on your bring alot of that and you will need alot of energy too! I will be one of the people helping yea move into Halls and we will be taking ye on nights out around Dublin so don't forget to bring up your passport or gardi I.D.

I will see yea on when your moving in, my names Hans btw and I am the techincal officer is Trinity Halls, c ya soon

• Advertisement

whats the timetable on the day. ill be up from 3pm onwards, but what do i do once there? register, then go to my apartment with all my stuff is it?

whats the timetable on the day. ill be up from 3pm onwards, but what do i do once there? register, then go to my apartment with all my stuff is it?

yea well the friday when you move in its very busy and halls will be buzzing with the amount of people about. After about 6pm everyone's moved in and we will start doing stuff with ye, I cann't give away anything yet but don't worry you will have a good weekend at you wll be meeting news people all wekend like so once you moved in just go down to the court yard and just start chatting too people, i know it sounds wierd but so man people don't know each other that everyone (well last year anyway) all came down too the court tard and there where just groups people talking an migal. In the evening we will be going out somewhere like

i went onto daft and apprantely eveyone is in their mid twenties looking for young professionals... :( i suppose i could still call them and see what they say? (but wont it be a little bit awkard since idont exactly fit their bill?) argg...

i went onto daft and apprantely eveyone is in their mid twenties looking for young professionals... :( i suppose i could still call them and see what they say? (but wont it be a little bit awkard since idont exactly fit their bill?) argg...

Basically the same as everyone else has to. Your best bet i to come up to Dublin for a couple of days and walk the legs off yourself looking at places. Also look at the looking for roommates section on DAFT.

If you get all freaked out now and that stops you looking for places you are going to find yourself with nowhere to live.

Basically the same as everyone else has to. Your best bet i to come up to Dublin for a couple of days and walk the legs off yourself looking at places. Also look at the looking for roommates section on DAFT.

If you get all freaked out now and that stops you looking for places you are going to find yourself with nowhere to live.

cant just come up to dublin a few days early :( i am flying from hong kong and have tickets and everything booked already.. hmm.. anywhere else u would recommend other than daft? also i guess those ppl that are on daft will still take me if worse comes to worse as they need someone to share the rent.. right?

cant just come up to dublin a few days early :( i am flying from hong kong and have tickets and everything booked already.. hmm.. anywhere else u would recommend other than daft? also i guess those ppl that are on daft will still take me if worse comes to worse as they need someone to share the rent.. right?

Are you an international student or on holidays in Hong Kong? If you're an international student ring the accomodation office/accomodation advisory service if you haven't already. Seriously ASAP.

A lot of the DAFT lettings want to meet the potential renters/sharers, so it is unlikely that they'll take you without meeting you. There is an accomodation shortage in Dublin and while rents have gone down a bit due to the economic climate there is still high demand for places.

Studentslettings.ie and there's some site with cribs in the name. But it'll probably be difficult enough to get a room without meeting them. In the accomodation idea for Trinity thread there sis omeone looking for a person to share a room. Might be work pm-ing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

So did everybody pay for their first term (16th September - 31st December) in Trinity Hall? I think deadline was 14th September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Yeah it was the 14th. I sent it off on the Friday so I assume they got it yesterday. Wonder if I'll get charged the €65.

Er what? >.>

Edit: Just paid it. >.< Nearly threw me into a panic room >.>

• Advertisement

Yeah it was the 14th. I sent it off on the Friday so I assume they got it yesterday. Wonder if I'll get charged the €65.

dont worry last year people where moving in and collecting there key cards for there rooms and then the accomadation office noticed that they hadnt payied them a cent lol so as long as they get the money they don't really mind to be honest

Advertisement