Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall (2008/2009)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 legallyblonde43

Yeah it was the 14th. I sent it off on the Friday so I assume they got it yesterday. Wonder if I'll get charged the €65.

65Euro? For what? :( not more money....xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

65Euro? For what? :( not more money....xx

For being late.

Ahh thats ok then..

I thought they just charged u for the craic.. that wouldnt suprise me lol xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 melekh88

Ahh thats ok then..

I thought they just charged u for the craic.. that wouldnt suprise me lol xx

hahaha yea you got too watch out for the fines but they rarely get you for then unless you where given one as a punchishment but thats very very rare like, you what be breaking up alot of **** for a fine like that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Are the second round offers supposed to be out today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 billykwok

tabouli wrote: »
    Are the second round offers supposed to be out today?

yep, got this e-mail from them:

Dear Billy,
    The second round of offers will be announced on the Warden's website this afternoon. If you student number is not listed, you will have to find alternative accommodation. The Warden's website is www.wardentrinityhall.tcdlife.ie

Regards,
    Accommodation Office
    Trinity Hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheOneManShow

hey so i didn't get into halls but my two mates who are going to trinity did, does anybody know if its cool to just head to all the orientation stuff with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Anyone in 89?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

81 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Baza210 wrote: »
    81 here

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

91!! 11th floor baby. is this the top does anyone know? Please say i got penthouse:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Anyone in 83?:eek:

Crania wrote: »
    See you there!

I don't know what 81 actually refers to.. any ideas? : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 phizzy

91! aka, the COOL place to be

Baza210 wrote: »
    I don't know what 81 actually refers to.. any ideas? : )

It's the number of the house that we'll be staying in. There are 12 separate modern houses in Halls (numbered 80 - 91, continuing on from the numbering system used on the Trinity College campus itself), each house featuring around 10-20 apartments. There is also an older house on the same site, Cunningham House, which is House 79.

You probably noticed that you were allocated a 6 digit number for your apartment in Halls(e.g 00.00.00). So, basically, the first two numbers(81 in your case) relate to your House number. The second two numbers is your apartment number within that house. And then the third set of two numbers is the number of your room within the apartment(if you have a single room there could be up to 6 rooms in the apartment, while if you have a twin room there is probably just 3 rooms in the apartment).

I hope that clears it up for you.

I was just browsing on the Trinity Societies website and found what is planned for us Halls people on Friday night. The Halls website just says '10pm-Night Out in Dublin-venue to be confirmed'.

But on the Societies Event Guide, http://www.csc.tcdlife.ie/grant_app/phpicalendar/print2.php?printview=week, they say this:
    "Food and Drink Society
    Hawaiin Party
    (10:00 PM - 3:30 AM)
    Fruit and cocktails in Trinity Hall followed by party in Tramco! Don your hula skirts and sway the night away...
    Location: Trinity Hall, Dartry Rd, Rathmnes - Tramco, Rathmines"

Sounds good!

Only one problem for me. I don't turn 18 until Saturday and this is on Friday night, I wonder will I get in....? I suppose I could just wait until 12 midnight anyway.

That would be a funny situation.
    10pm at Tramco: *shows ID*
    "Sorry son, you'll have to wait for a couple more hours"
    *anxiously waits until midnight, then shows watch to bouncer at midnight*
    "Now, can I go in?!"
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I lost that sheet with the times. Could someone please tell me when people from Down are supposed to arrive?

I lost that sheet with the times. Could someone please tell me when people from Down are supposed to arrive?

12-2pm

Speaking of that sheet, did anyone see they called it Londonderry instead of Derry? It's easy knowing that we're going to a Unionist college.

ahhh is it unionist?? but we're in the republic!!!lol. Well I know that Catholics wern't allowed into Trinity at a stage and that the university was designed for the protestant elite..but its not like that anymore surely?? Where you from Crania? Derry aye?

• Advertisement

I don't remember what apartment I'm in, but I'm in a shared room anyway, with a partner of initials SM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

t0mm wrote: »
    91!! 11th floor baby. is this the top does anyone know? Please say i got penthouse:p

It's the 3rd floor, dear. You have a 2 in 3 chance of getting a simply gigantic corner kitchen with an amazing view. 91 is the most scenic house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

Have been to small orientation in Trinity Hall yesterday and they are going to have a Wii with a big projector screen in Socializing area that will cost them €4,000
    Also there are going to be free sandwiches from The Phill Society. I was told that they ordered so many sandwiches that their sandwich company thought there was a mistake.
    By the way have seen fishes in the pond, some are as big as my cat.

ahhh is it unionist?? but we're in the republic!!!lol. Well I know that Catholics wern't allowed into Trinity at a stage and that the university was designed for the protestant elite..but its not like that anymore surely?? Where you from Crania? Derry aye?
    Well, it was a university created by the British for the British and Protestant population of Ireland and up until recently was very British and thus, unionist in its outlook. Throughtout it's first 200 years, TCD was a university exclusively for the Protestant ascendancy class of this island, but that has long changed. In fact, TCD began allowing in Catholics in 1793, but it was actually the RCC itself which forbade their members from going to TCD and Catholics had to get a special dispensation to attend Trinity from the dreaded John Charles McQuaid until this was abolished in 1970.

So, historically, yes TCD is a Protestant and unionist college, but nowadays most students tend to be Catholic and definitely not from some kind of ascendancy class. But I'm sure it's historical origins have remained somewhat, such as the Londonderry reference. Nothing major, but just something I found a little bit funny.

And no, I'm not from Derry. I'm one of those dirty Fenians from 'down South'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I rang asking what time I should arrive, because I didn't get that sheet telling me which counties should arrive at which times. They told me that, because I'm a second year, that I could arrive on whatever day, at whatever time, I like. This seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Only one problem for me. I don't turn 18 until Saturday and this is on Friday night, I wonder will I get in....? I suppose I could just wait until 12 midnight anyway.

That would be a funny situation.
    10pm at Tramco: *shows ID*
    "Sorry son, you'll have to wait for a couple more hours"
    *anxiously waits until midnight, then shows watch to bouncer at midnight*
    "Now, can I go in?!"
    :p

hah you'll get in, unless the bouncer is a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Pet wrote: »
    It's the 3rd floor, dear. You have a 2 in 3 chance of getting a simply gigantic corner kitchen with an amazing view. 91 is the most scenic house.

Aww no fair:( but the sound of a big kitchen is appealling...:cool:

Well, it was a university created by the British for the British and Protestant population of Ireland and up until recently was very British and thus, unionist in its outlook. Throughtout it's first 200 years, TCD was a university exclusively for the Protestant ascendancy class of this island, but that has long changed. In fact, TCD began allowing in Catholics in 1793, but it was actually the RCC itself which forbade their members from going to TCD and Catholics had to get a special dispensation to attend Trinity from the dreaded John Charles McQuaid until this was abolished in 1970.

So, historically, yes TCD is a Protestant and unionist college, but nowadays most students tend to be Catholic and definitely not from some kind of ascendancy class. But I'm sure it's historical origins have remained somewhat, such as the Londonderry reference. Nothing major, but just something I found a little bit funny.

And no, I'm not from Derry. I'm one of those dirty Fenians from 'down South'.

thanks for that info there..I sense you are intellegent..how many points you get in leavin cert?? dont worry im one of those fenians for "up north", so please dont think Im a protestant,lol. Cos Id hate people to think I was,lol. x

Yes, The Force is strong with this one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Is there an ironing board in the apartments. I need to have my t-shirts crisp.:cool:

Advertisement