Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part qualified?

• 31-08-2008 9:07pm

There is a question that I always wanted to ask, and in fact i did ask it to a few people, but got at least three different answers. I am studying ACCA, but I am not working in accountancy, so that's why i don't know the answer.

To become qualified you need to ( or be exempted from) all 14 exams and complete three years relevant work experience.

But when do you become part qualified?
    Example answers I got:
    - CAT + 1y of experience
    - after 9 ACCA exams
    - after all ACCA exams, but not having experience
    So who is right then?
    Regards
    Raffles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

I'm not quite sure, but I think that you would have to have at least F1-F4 completed since those are your knowledge based exams; however, I could those firms looking to hire a part-qualified accountant may be looking for someone with the first 9 exams complete; however, most part-qualified ads only state that you have to have started you studies. It couldn't hurt to apply for those positions. The worst they could do is say no.

Thanks, still dont know for sure though.
    Im not going to change my job soon, but was wondering what does 'part- qualified ' mean. Is there a formal definition or every employer/agency treats it differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

I think it varies, though after looking at some ads, it seems that many do require 2-3 years experience in some aspect of accounting. However, I have seen some ads that don't have any specifications for experience as well. I really think it depends, though it won't hurt to have some exams passed.

Advertisement