Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd at weekends

Options
  • 31-08-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

im a first year from kerry and il be living in belgrove and am just wondering does everyone go home at weekends??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

As far as I can tell there are ALWAYS some people in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I suppose it depends on the money front. I intend going home most weekends. I'm going into 1st year too btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

radgirl19 wrote: »
    im a first year from kerry and il be living in belgrove and am just wondering does everyone go home at weekends??

No, far from it. Sure it's quieter, but there's always sports clubs who are operating, societies that are doing bits and bobs. As you get closer to examinations, weekends almost blur into regular weekdays as you get cramming. You probably will go home when you're finding your feet in the early days, but if you get into campus life, you'll probably stay up more and more.

It is going to be a bit odd for the old gits like myself who've been hanging around all summer, to finally see the place full again this week. I'll be grumpy no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

something happens in UCD/Dublin every night and weekends are no exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

It varies from person to person and their situations. There will be people who go home at weekends and some will stay. If exams are coming up, some will stay in college to get abit more work done. If people don't have enough money for a bus/train ticket home then they'll stay in Dublin.

You'll probably find yourself going home most weekends unless you have assignments due and are running short on time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

I'm going into first year from limerick and i most definitely wont be going home every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm back for my fourth year and living on campus for the first time - no intention going home, despite it being only a 20 minute journey. They're are constantly people bumming around at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

In my experience, most first years go home at the weekend - at least in the first few months. Most societies will not be running official events at the weekend. the UCD "machine" slows down.

BUT

As time goes on more people stay up, especially around exam time, and residences like glenomena are busy.
    The superleague (soccer) is every weekend and if you are friends with any dubs obviously they'll still be around at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You'll always find something to do.

Dublin is a big place with plenty to do. Even if you're up alone there's plenty to do like going to all the museums and things that are around and it's all free.

Don't forget if you're on res there will be international students there too who will be around on weekends so getting to know them will mean that you will know people on res.

Advertisement