Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes you love your OH??

Options
  • 31-08-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

for me it's the little things. the most recent thing was he left a 10 euro note in one of my teddys paws for my petrol as i do most of the commuting up to see him (an hour between us). and i never even noticed it till he was up the next week and saw it still there. and one of the first ones was getting me little gadgety things i needed e.g a new wire to connect my ipod to sterio in car. one he had lying around the place.

what are the little things that makes your heart melt??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The big thing for me is how he treats me and makes me feel. I haven't had a bad day since we met. Even the bad things that used to get me down fade in to nothing now. Best feeling in the world. I'm not big on presents etc, it's how happy he makes me that does it for me.

Cheese!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

I love the fact that my OH makes me laugh every day...even if he's stressed out from work we still have a laugh!..

I love the way he is sooooo easygoing.. it balances out my hyper side.. we both do exactly what we want to do...so if want to go away with friends for a week in the sun he doesn't mind a bit (i have a friend who's OH would go mad over this.. but thats another story!)

I love it when he brings tubs of ben and jerry home for us to share just for the heck of it...

I love the fact that he doesn't mind that i dont/rarely cook and i'm crap at all the domestic stuff-(met my ex's girlfriend the other day-she'd put Brie from Desperate Housewives to shame-i had one lucky escape ther:p!)

I love the fact that he just wants me to be happy- havn't been happy in my job for the past year... he has encouraged me to 'just quit' and he'd look after things until i find another job....

I love the fact that he kisses me every morning before he goes to work even though i'm sleeping/half asleep ..i've caught him doing it several times!!!..

I really do love him.. i'm nuts i know!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

If he's doing the night shift he tucks the end of the blanket into the bed for me and makes sure I have a glass of water by the bed.

When I texted him complaining I was sick at work he took the bus 40 mins to there to give me soup and medication. Everyone at work was jealous hehe :)

Just the little things really, buying me a Crunchie on a Friday, reminding me to take my medication, double checking the windows are closed because I'm paranoid, listening to me ramble about anything that comes to mind, the last Rolo etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

he thinks my sneezes/farts are adoreable and likewise. now THATS love.

i love that he'll go the long way home because i'm scared of the short cut.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You do realise that every guy on Boards is going to use this thread as a checklist of thing he can do to keep the missus happy, don't you? ;)

• Advertisement

well hopefully it'll serve as a way for some to realise its about what you do, not say or pay.

well hopefully it'll serve as a way for some to realise its about what you do not say.

I need saying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

The fact that he's non-existent! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Zaph wrote: »
    You do realise that every guy on Boards is going to use this thread as a checklist of thing he can do to keep the missus happy, don't you? ;)
    he thinks my sneezes/farts are adoreable and likewise. now THATS love.

When I go home tonight, I'll show my love with a dutch oven :pac:

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I need saying too.

i think doing is more important then saying. of course both is better but nothings worse then someone saying the care and then treating you like nothing.

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    When I go home tonight, I'll show my love with a dutch oven :pac:

:confused: oh no what have i unleased on some poor unexpecting girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Being shallow here but i love the look of him< he has beautiful eyes and a sexy mouth that i know will never change> He is thoughtful and can always make me laugh< when i get stressed out he talks me through it> he suprises me with little gifts or thoughtful gestures all the time< he writes the most romantic love letters to me every day that make my heart skip a beat> he remembers our anniversarries (i still celebrate the months since we got married as well as the anniversary of him asking me out on our first date and our first date< he does not mind)

i could go on all day about the little things he does that make me love him< the truth is< he is my soulmate and i am blessed to have him in my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I love the way he keeps me going, doesn't let me fall into a rut or avoid the things I've been meaning to do for a long time... And he has a great way of putting things in perspective so many a panic has been avoided.

And I love the way if we're in the same room but at different ends of it he'll catch my eye and give me a wink and a smile. Makes me go all girly and giggly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

If I am sick (have a bad back and IBS and allergies so can be quite often!), he looks after me and doesnt complain about missing out on things.
    He is always the first person I ring when something happens and he is always there to listen and makes me feel better
    He loves me even when I do stupid things, when I look like a total minger and when I am being annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

I love the way he has never once said a derogatory word to me. He's never insulted my figure, my intelligence or my personality - not once. He's never even said something like "Don't be stupid".

I LOVE that. It makes me think that he hasn't said any of that stuff simply because he doesn't think it! There's nothing better than knowing your partner doesn't think anything bad about you, but on the contrary admires and likes you. I can't understand why anyone would be with someone who thinks they're stupid, or who can readily point out their flaws.

Also, of course it makes me treat him exactly the same in return. I've never said anything derogatory to him either. I know he values that in me also.

We've had arguments of course, but they're never nasty or unpleasant. Just along the lines of "I'm really frustrated because I don't understand what you're trying to say" sort of thing.

That's another thing I love. I love that our arguments are really healthy and constructive and never escalates into personal attacks. Makes me always realise what a grown-up I've managed to get for myself. I'm too bloody old to have to be arguing with a child!

It also makes me notice other couples who bicker in front of us. There's a lot of scornful "Don't be so f***ing stupid" thrown around. Lots of heavy sarcastic sighs and eye-rolling. They don't even seem to notice, and if I mentioned it would be probably be all "Ah sure that's harmless" but that type of communication is just not my cup of tea AT ALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

mollybird wrote: »
    for me it's the little things. the most recent thing was he left a 10 euro note in one of my teddys paws for my petrol as i do most of the commuting up to see him (an hour between us). and i never even noticed it till he was up the next week and saw it still there. and one of the first ones was getting me little gadgety things i needed e.g a new wire to connect my ipod to sterio in car. one he had lying around the place.

what are the little things that makes your heart melt??

He Gave you a tenner for petrol for a journey that last an hour...sorry sweetheart but I think you are living in the clouds....bet you that tenner that you are not with him longer than six months

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm single, this thread makes me feel all bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

halfinch wrote: »
    He Gave you a tenner for petrol for a journey that last an hour...sorry sweetheart but I think you are living in the clouds....bet you that tenner that you are not with him longer than six months[/quoteh

haha. your going to eat your words. every year (2) roughly in my head the man has spent about 4 grand on me. if i think, i think your saying he is stingy you couldn't be more further from the truth. i was just mentioning the little things. i could go on about the big things if you like but it's not the kinda thing i do:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

But its not about money is it? Its about the fact that he thought of you.

LadyE wrote: »
    But its not about money is it? Its about the fact that he thought of you.

god it's totally not about the money. to be honest i'm still finding it hard to get used to. everyone else i went out with were stone broke. he is the first guy i dated that has had money.

there was one time he surprised me and drove up an hour to see me when i was sick, with popcorn, a drink and a movie for us to watch. and he surprised me another time when i was having trouble with people i was living with, just came up to make his presence felt (he's 6ft 4). basically don't mess with my girlfriend or ill have to hurt you.

• Advertisement

I summed it all up here and its all even better now that I live with him
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55562508&postcount=16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

He's a filthy ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hopefully. Maybe then i could contribute to the thread :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I was using it as a list of reason why i'm glad i'm single.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm single, this thread makes me feel all bitter.

Lemons to you so.:p
    It's nice to know that at least someone's getting to enjoy it is it not? Falling in love is pretty much the only appreciable quality to humans, only time we ever really seem to think of someone else as highly as we do ourselves & learn to find joy in simply making someone else happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

i love that he's from Donegal, the way he talks and words he says... i love his family, possibly some of the nicest people ive ever met... i love that he always texts me when he's in work, even though he's not supposed to have his fone out (hes a barman and its rude not to pay attention to customers) and he's usually super busy... love that he'll watch nearly everything i want to (bar greys anatomy for some reason) because I dont care about 'Megastructures' and I make faces when I have to watch it... I love that he's so laid back and im so high strung and he does just tell me to sit down and relax...i love that our brains are like, wired the same way, we have a load of jinxy moments and I dont jinx with anyone els... i love that he trusts me so much, i know so much about him, he knows stuff about me no-one else knows... aaaaah i just love everything about him.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

He gets rid of the spiders and doesn't make me feel like an idiot for being scared of them :eek:

(Part of a long list!):)

i love (what he has told me happens) when he is thinking of me and picks up the phone to txt me a txt comes in from me. he finds it really freaky. and i love how alot of the time we are thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

PillyPen wrote: »
    The fact that he's non-existent! :pac::D

Post of the decade! Pilly that has brightened up my day:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

His monkey face haha, when he uses big words he dosent understad in a scentence where they bear no relivance,when he makes up words and phrases and most of al when he is hyper!!!

Advertisement