Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name for the boards guild

Options
  • 31-08-2008 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Looks like its going to be destruction all the way.. well mostly anyway.. so what should be the guild name... so we know in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Baaaggghhhhhsssdotie

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

not sure how long the name can be,

The lost and the Damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Swords and Boards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

bubonicus wrote: »
    not sure how long the name can be,

The lost and the Damned.

No No No, there will be about 20 guilds calling themselves that. Originality ftw! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Boards of Chaos maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I quite like the name we chose for the boards AOC guild,Wolves of Calla :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    I quite like the name we chose for the boards AOC guild,Wolves of Calla :)
    Best of the names suggested so far, but stench of defeat lies around it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

What is Calla though? (Out of Curiosity)

R0ot wrote: »
    No No No, there will be about 20 guilds calling themselves that. Originality ftw! :D

Bored of order
    Now ye're ganking :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What is Calla though? (Out of Curiosity)

A Stephen King reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_of_the_Calla

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The Fluffy Butterflies. I think that would be a lovely name.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maximilian wrote: »
    The Fluffy Butterflies. I think that would be a lovely name.

Looks like we found the only person to play an elf char.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

"Legolas fanclub"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Here's a few suggestions from The Lost and the Damned

The Withering Eye
    Lords of Change
    Flame Serpents
    Thousand Sons
    The Knights of Tzeentch
    Twisted Puppeteers

I kinda like The Withering Eye myself.

The Withering Eye
    Lords of Change
    Flame Serpents
    Thousand Sons
    The Knights of Tzeentch
    Twisted Puppeteers

I quite like the sound of Twisted Puppeteers, even if it does sound like an 80's glam rock/punk band.

You're thinking of Twisted Sister :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Ifreann's own (ifreann = irish word for hell)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Spear wrote: »
    Looks like we found the only person to play an elf char.

Don't get me wrong - when I say fluffy butterflies, I mean the kind of brightly coloured, fluttering butterflies that will rape your eye sockets and slaughter everyone you ever knew. Kind of slightly evil butterflies if you will, fluffy ones.

Don't get me wrong - when I say fluffy butterflies, I mean the kind of brightly coloured, fluttering butterflies that will rape your eye sockets and slaughter everyone you ever knew. Kind of slightly evil butterflies if you will, fluffy ones.

Dark elf then.

The Withering Eye
    Lords of Change
    Flame Serpents
    Thousand Sons
    The Knights of Tzeentch
    Twisted Puppeteers

Please lets not use any Tzeentch names of spells or monsters..etc(I know it's the Chaos god in the game, but he sucks(cock):p, They all sound sound really lavender....

Have a look of some of the Nurgle, Khorne names....

I'll have a look when I get home too.

• Advertisement

With Crab claws surely. Fluffy crab claws.

Please lets not use any Tzeentch names of spells or monsters..etc(I know it's the Chaos god in the game, but he sucks(cock):p, They all sound sound really lavender....

Have a look of some of the Nurgle, Khorne names....

Khorne maybe for a joint Destruction Guild, but I doubt you'd find much useful amongst the Nurgle stuff. The only thing not specificly disease orientated is the Cavalcade of Chaos.

Besides, I'm too much of a fluff junkie to take a Nurgle name for a Tzeentchian warband, given the whole eternal emnity between the two.

Ah, we're all one big, happy, evil family arent we?

Khorne maybe for a joint Destruction Guild, but I doubt you'd find much useful amongst the Nurgle stuff. The only thing not specificly disease orientated is the Cavalcade of Chaos.

Besides, I'm too much of a fluff junkie to take a Nurgle name for a Tzeentchian warband, given the whole eternal emnity between the two.

True, But I live in the hope they will add Nurgle, Khorne, Slannesh, so we can choose which one we can follow.

We might have to go our seperate way's then.:p

I am the Great Unclean One.:D

True, But I live in the hope they will add Nurgle, Khorne, Slannesh, so we can choose which one we can follow.

It wouldn't have been hard to do. A few different paint jobs, one or two heads per power.

It wouldn't have been hard to do. A few different paint jobs, one or two heads per power.

well maybe not that easy, different spell sets, attributes... etc., but yeah.

I did read they had thought about it in the concept stage, but bowed out of the idea and concentrated on only Tzeentch.

Kinda disappointed, but we can only hope a patch comes out.

My thought would have been to have the 4 power specific warriors as the 4 classes. Nurgle for the tank, Khorne for the melee DPS, Tzeentch for ranged, and Slaanesh for buffing / debuffing / healing etc

My thought would have been to have the 4 power specific warriors as the 4 classes. Nurgle for the tank, Khorne for the melee DPS, Tzeentch for ranged, and Slaanesh for buffing / debuffing / healing etc

Not a bad idea, but I think we are going a bit OT.

Back to guild names.

Horus Heretics.;)

As tossed out in the poll thread, the Scions of Malal.

• Advertisement

As tossed out in the poll thread, The Scions of Malal.

+1

Advertisement