Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat CC

Options
  • 31-08-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find the two vehicles rather similar to look at?

One an unfashionable 10 year old design sellingonly a handfull.

The other just into the showrooms drawing gasps and will sell like hot cakes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

interesting observation...

quite possibly similar. I actually really like the 607. Not a major fan of the back of them, but like the front.

I am biased though. I have one. Wonderful car to own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

AlanD wrote: »
    interesting observation...

quite possibly similar. I actually really like the 607. Not a major fan of the back of them, but like the front.

I am biased though. I have one. Wonderful car to own.

Thought the 607 a good looking machine myself too. Was just struck at the difference the right badge can make: one has people saying how gorgeous it looks, the other wasnt even noticed at all (apart from less sheeplike people as yourself;))

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I doubt the Passat CC will sell in large numbers. It is too expensive imo for what it is and price wise it is out of it's depth when you consider what else is out there in the €40k price range.

The first one that comes to mind is the Audi A4 which will most likely retain it's value alot better than a "sexy" Passat come resale time.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

will sell 'like hot cakes"????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

copacetic wrote: »
    will sell 'like hot cakes"????

OK:D

In a Peugeot 607 universe though ?:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sandwich wrote: »
    OK:D

In a Peugeot 607 universe though ?:D

fair enough!

the passat cc just looks like the passat should have to me, but with one less seat. At 30k it would sell a fair few I'd say. At 40k I'd be surprised if they sell many at all.

new scirrco looks like a seller to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

Anyone else find the two vehicles rather similar to look at?

The other just into the showrooms drawing gasps and will sell like hot cakes.

snap, I said exactly the same here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326222&highlight=passat+cc&page=3

compared it to the love child of the 607 and a VW Eos

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

sk8board wrote: »
    snap, I said exactly the same here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326222&highlight=passat+cc&page=3

compared it to the love child of the 607 and a VW Eos

Lol i actually thought it was u that started the thread.

I'd buy a CC any day over the new Audi. I don't like the look of them, mainly because the arches look a bit off for the wheels or visa versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I noticed it looking like the 607 too! Funny, I like it for the simple reason that it kind of tidied up the few areas of the 607 that I didn't like. A nice French design! Still, wouldn't buy one because of the depreciation on it. Won't be crippling, but not near as good as a similarly priced normal Passat or A4.
    Agree though, the normal Passat should look like that.
    If you put 4 rings on it and left it at 40k it would be back ordered for 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The 607 is a far better-looking car than the Passat CC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Brilliant observation.

I think CC looks better in the flesh though (for the moment, the novelty may wear off).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I am trying to figure when I last saw one of these in a Peugeot Showroom as
    the two I know of were recently imported from 05 and 06. I dont see any 07 or 08 regs of these so maybe they have been quietly dropped from the price list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

G Luxel wrote: »
    I am trying to figure when I last saw one of these in a Peugeot Showroom as
    the two I know of were recently imported from 05 and 06. I dont see any 07 or 08 regs of these so maybe they have been quietly dropped from the price list.

You'll get the odd one or two 2007/2008 607's about the place, but mostly what is happening is people and dealers are importing them. They still retail at 50k new here in Ireland, but a 6 month old with less than 10k on the clock from the UK will land for about 30k.

I'll be bringing in one in 2009. The latest executive trim is just fabulous value for money. Xenons, sat nav, heated memory seats, automatic electric everything, electric open/close boot, massive massive boot too, memory seats, auto dim side and rear view mirrors. Basically, everything you could want. Add in that wonderful 2.2 twin turbo 170 bhp diesel and it's just a great car to own.

I have the 2.2 136 bhp car and just love it.

... and back to the CC comparison....it's still a passat and will break down by just being there. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

If anyone decides to take the plunge and buy the new cc; I'd be interested to find out what they think of them; particularly if you have upgraded from the older model.
    I'm seriously tempted. Currently have a 2006 1.6 Highline with huge mileage (70k kms) and I reckon I'd need to throw another €20k-€22k on top of it to get the the new 2.0L CC.

Is it worth it though????
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

in my opinion, no

why anyone would want a 'sporty' passat is so far beyond me

Advertisement