Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escalators

• 31-08-2008 10:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have a fear of going down escalators, I just can not step onto to them. Does anyone else have the same fear because my boyfriend thinks it is strange but I think it would be quite a common fear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 what2do??

I don't think it is strange but I have never really heard of anyone being afraid of them. But I can understand why you would be afraid as you have to keep your balance,step onto moving steps and then you have the pressure of people coming behind you.
    Try go one when you are somewhere quiet with not many around.
    Good luck:D

I had that.
    I was afraid that I would get flustered and not get off in time.
    And my lacings would get trapped and eaten.
    And I would cause a people bottleneck.
    Until one day when it actually happened.
    The whole elevator shut down immediately.
    Causeing a domino of pensioners and their shopping to come hurtling towards me.
    But my limbs were still attached and i was free to escape.
    So I got over the phobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pinkgirl1

I hate escalators too. I wont use them I will go to where ever the lifts are and it looks like i am so lazy as all the prams and elderly get the lifts and there i am waiting!!
    Hate looking down an escalator and trying to get onto to so now I don't try anymore to many embarrassing moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

They freak me out a fair bit after I read one of Bill Bryon's books where he mentions a news story about a woman who was just going about her daily business when the escalator collapsed and she fell in to the mechanisms.

/shudders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I briefly devolped this-literally couldnt get on one going down-going up was fine. Then one day it was fine. Pretty bizare.

Advertisement