Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 5 shopping venues in the North?

• 01-09-2008 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

heading up next weekend just wondering from your experiences what are the best areas around Belfast.
    thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

From south to north...

Newry - 2 big shopping centres on opposite sides of the road. The Quays on the right hand side has a Sainsburys.

The Outlet, just north of Newry. Lots to choose from. Some outlets better than others. Puma and Regatta I found to be great value.

Also a retail park on the opposite side of the main road which is worth a look. Toys'R'Us and an ASDA IIRC .

Into Belfast itself; Castlecourt Shopping Centre I find to be worth a look. Castle Avenue has a rang of shops.

Lastly, there's a relatively new shopping centre, Victoria Square I think. Haven't been so can't comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

heading from athlone right through the middle of the country heading for belfast so wont be hitting newry im afraid!
    thanks
    j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Victoria Square in Belfast worth a look but not really for bargains, fabulous building and good selection of high end shops. Castlecourt best for mainstream shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It all depends what you want.

There's not too many bargains to be had in Belfast itself unless you have something specific in mind.

I much prefer Newry - both shopping centres, the high street and the retail park (called the Damolly, I think) just two miles North of the town itself.

Belfast can be worse than Dublin in terms of car parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

so where's the nearest asda then?coming from dublin, on the way to belfast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Spipov wrote: »
    so where's the nearest asda then?coming from dublin, on the way to belfast...
    As the crow flies, it would be Warrenpoint, but driving there you'd have to hook around Newry then travel back South East for about 8 miles along the coast.

Advertisement