Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to threads last?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 7:38am

I just got bored and was on/off thinking of GTA IV. So i headed over to the Games forum to read some of the stuff people were saying about the game before it came out.

Sadly (and to my surprise) there are no threads from before the game came out. There are only two pages of threads, and all are after it came out.

Just wondering if threads only last X amount of time? Or does a mod just keep wiping the threads down to two pages per board?

The oldest thread in the GTA board was made on the 29-07-2008 :(

The thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055344582

:confused:

Also, is there a FAQ based on coding and so forth? I'm used to using ProBoards forums, and I just realised that having text as a link doesn't work here the way it does on their forums.

The way i'd be used to doing it is:

[*url= Random URL] The words i want it to say[/*url]

(Except without the spaces and *'s obviously)

So yeah.. Anyone know about either :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Threads last forever because they are permanently stored in the database.

The reason there are only two pages of threads is because of the settings located at the bottom of the forum page. Currently it is set to only showing threads that were posted in during the last month. This is the default setting -

page.jpg

Simply change the settings there to show more results, or use the search function.

For the url's you need to put in an apostrophe at the beginning and end of the url you want to embed.

Awesome!

I never even realised that setting was down there.

Thank you very much :)

Advertisement