Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager Live

Options
  • 01-09-2008 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Surprised not to see any threads relating to the upcoming FML.
    I signed up yesterday to Gameworld Keane starting October.

Anyone played the beta ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Yes I did.

I was addicted for about a week but my interested in it dropped dramatically after that. The game is a bit thinly layered, there dosen't seem to be much to it. There's little to no player interaction which makes the players less life like. You have to build up loads of skills to be able to do anything (e.g. the tactic bars are locked untill you learn that 'skill') which takes ages. Also the matches sometimes seem like its pure pot look as to who wins.

Ah I dunno I just think it needs alot of work.

I'd recommend getting a few like minded friends on board, its the only way you'll care (I could be wrong considering you'll be paying for it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Cheers. When did you last play it ? I've heard its gone through quite a few updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I'd say about 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Thought it was a massive let down myself, and it's going to be pricey enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

I've played the beta too. It's not perfect, not by a long shot. However, in spite of its flaws I've really enjoyed it so far. It's definitely different to FM 08 and the like, but there's a lot more banter and tension playing against other people than the computer.

I haven't gone back to FM 08 since I started the beta which is a glowing testimonial if nothing else is. And as for it being time consuming - yeah, it can be. You'll need to be playing for at least 2-3 hours a week just to keep up even in the lower intensity leagues.

One thing I would say though is that the first couple of weeks can drag as you're training up the basic tactics/scouting skills etc. and scrambling for bargain basement players, but once the season gets going it gets pretty addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I've also played the beta too. It's alright but can get very repetitive after a while.And this got on my nerves when you challenge someone to play you in a league match and they refuse to play because they know they have a better chance of beating you in a Ai match..
    That annoyed me as well having to unlock the tactics they should have been in from the start of game.

Brianon make sure you buy the good players quickly because once they are gone its hard to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Yeah enjoyed the beta myself.
    Signed for Cantona GW.
    Should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Only like 2 more weeks till FM09 comes out!! I can't wait lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cr1272

Currently playing the beta as a pre-order / community member. Enjoyable, and gives me a chance to "try-before-I-buy". Will be in the Keane gameworld on Oct 30th.

Not sure if i'll jump straight into FM2009 just yet. Currently on a re-building mission with ManUtd in 2016. They've won mothing for years!

I waited until the first patch for FM2008, before buying. Something I never did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Played the beta myself. Was good fun for a short time. Got bored though. Personally prefer the more realistic (excluding lives wonderful match engine) non-live games.

Also I found it was ridiculously weighted towards farming young kids instead of using quality players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i played the beta for a month or two!!
    enjoyed it for the first few weeks but then have to say i came away hating it!!

my main gripe is that us human players decide how much a player is worth in game, so i couldnt buy anyone good, cuz no matter how much money you offer, human managers wont sell torres or aguero etc. no matter what!!

now alot of people wont care about that, they like builing youth sides or unknown players, but i like playing with players i know of, but any name players cannot be bought for anything close to what there market value is...

my 2nd gripe!!
    i was banned for selling players to friends on the cheap cuz i wasnt gonna keep playing myself!! didnt think there's be anything wrong with that, there my players, again i decide there worth!! but no, aparantly not!!

FM09 i cannot wait, something actually fun again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'm playing on the Clough server, it's very fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Once I heard that there was a fee to play each month I lost all interest. And even if I did want to play and I did pay, I would rather have a few mates playing too but they don't want to pay either. I'll stick with network mode on on FM09..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Anyone actually play? I'm still on the Clough server, got a pretty good team now:

Keeper: C. Carrasso

Defense : M. Andersson, Rodrigo Antonio, M. Stranzl, Dupre

Midfield: Ghioane, Xu Liang, A. Meier, W. Verhoek

Attack: Cacau, N. Frutos

Subs: P. Mollez, Cruzalta, Dimoutsos, Walker (Brazilian DM), Otecillo Neto, Ozkaynak, Cevasco, Marchini, Hudson (Brazilian striker), A. Giosa, Junior (Brazilian DM/ML)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Playing on Keane GW.

Didn;t really know what I was doing at first :) so ended up with a not so great team and lots of good players gone.

The more I play though the more I like it.

I like the Skills you can learn. Trying to start to get some money and get wages under control. Viewing season 1 as a building base for future seasons. Lots of clubs going bankrupt.

Advertisement